Has anyone used a CLEANSE to jump start their weight loss?

Options

Replies

• berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    I have a juicer and I just started a juicing reboot. I'm not sure if that's the kind of "cleanse" we are talking about here. The juices I have been making meet my calorie needs, and contain nutrients that are far superior to the foods I have eaten in the past. Sure, you could just eat the veggies and fruits, but you would have to eat a ton in order to get the same quantity of micronutrients that you get in a day's worth of fresh juice. I haven't been juicing long, and I am no expert, but from what I understand and have experienced so far, the cleanse or reboot will rid you of cravings for foods that are not-so-good for you, which sounds like a pretty good lifestyle change. Of course, if you begin eating those unhealthy foods again, you will gain weight, but that has nothing do with whether you drank juice or not.
    Now if we"re talking about some powdered drink or diet pills that promise to "cleanse" your system, then I can't help and certainly wouldn't recommend. Pumping your body full of manufactured food products is what caused most of us to gain weight in the first place.

This is exactly the kind of cleanse I'm doing. ALL natural fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs. Nothing artificial or pharmaceutical about it! I wouldn't eat HALF the stuff I put in my juicer, but I find that I candle handle drinking it! For example my afternoon juice consisted of beet, carrot, ginger root, apple, apricot, lemon and flax seed. it would take me ALL day to figure out how to combine all that into something edible! Good luck! I'd like to hear how it goes for you!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You don't need to 'jumpstart' your weight loss...you just need to start.

That's a great phrase I'm gonna steal that.
  • laren30
    laren30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice and suggestions. I have a lot to consider.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I did one by Dr recommendation and under his care, and it did make me drop weight fast. Many people have to go on liquid diets for several reasons, but always consult a dr if you are planning to do one to make sure you are healthy enough and how long they recommend.

what fast or cleanse did you do?

full liquid diet w protein shakes included
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    No but I do have dandelion oil for digestion and my liver you can get dandelion tea as well.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I prefer diet soda cleanse, the bubbles clear out all the built up steak in my colon
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Nope, I have functioning organs.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    No, because that is a pretty stupid idea.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What cleanse is best before starting HCG?

Or maybe the thing where they put the tube right down your nose!
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I believe that 70% of toxins are in our colon. I do cleanse regularly. I don't think it will jump start any weight loss I do believe without the toxins my weight loss is more consistent. I did have a doctor recommend that to me. I don't use harsh chemicals what I use is an all natural compound and it works for me.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have been considering a Cleanse to jump start my weight loss, are these safe? Do they work? What ones have you tried and recommend?

erm.. no those detox and cleanse things tend to be a bit unsafe try this instead. For 1 week cut out any foods that have been processed or have any kind of preservatives. Drink only water and unsugared green tea and make sure you take a vitamin. that right there is probably the healthest cleanse. ( according to my doctor)
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    yes. it made me appreciate FOOD!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    i DO recommend a cleanse ESPECIALLY if your diet hasn't exactly been that healthy..HOWEVER...there are a million different cleanses out there with different suggestions on how long you should be on a cleanse. I am currently on a juicing cleanse and I only plan on doing it for 7 days to rid my body of toxins and clean up my colon (gross I know). Just remember to keep your activity light during a cleanse since you will not be taking in enough calories to fuel an intense work out. I try to steer clear of any pill based cleansing program, but that's just me.

^^ I agree!
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been considering a Cleanse to jump start my weight loss, are these safe? Do they work? What ones have you tried and recommend?

I did a 48hr water fast when I first started my calorie counting obsession. It was stupid and I don't recommend it at all, but it did help me recognise true hunger vs boredom.
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Just use a laxative..works the same way.. :)
  • arc918
    Options
    Maybe you should sit in a sauna wearing a garbage bag during your cleanse!

How awesome would that be?

After then you can start doing some spot reduction...
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    They are fake, they are fake, they are fake, your body is one giant cleansing machine.
  • arc918
    Options
    Better yet, have your jaw wired shut so you can't eat for a month or two!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I did a medically supervised 8 day juice cleanse at a health and wellness spa last October. I lost 10 lbs in 8 days in order to fit into my very small monique lhuilier wedding gown. It was great actually. I want to go back to the health spa this year if I can make time.
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I didn't use a CLEANSE because they are unsafe, but I did use a Reset for 21 days. I lost 10 pounds and 10.75 inches, and have kept it off for more than 3 months now.....and taken more off as well. Let me know if you want more info about it.

what is this reset?