Victories large and small

Options
We all know this but sometimes we could use a reminder. It's important that we celebrate all of our victories, large or small, and don't let the setbacks set us back.

I managed to avoid eating pizza at home Wed. night and then there were tons of snacks (which I avoided) at a conference I attended on Thurs.

There was a pot-luck lunch at work on Fri. and I'm sure it was full of country-fried everything. I didn't go.

Fri. morning I was able to run 18 min straight @ 6.4 mph after my warm up. It wasn't easy or comfortable but it feels great being back where I was before being sick so much.

My wife and I had one of our worst fights ever Fri. night and I was feeling hopeless but we managed to make-up and I didn't take it out on my body by eating too much.

I got on the scale Sat. morning and saw 200.2 for the first time in many years. My goal was to be under 200 by Mar. 1st but that's so close that I'm counting it, especially knowing that I'll be under my goal by Monday morning and that's when the week really starts anyway. :wink:

Replies

• lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    We all know this but sometimes we could use a reminder. It's important that we celebrate all of our victories, large or small, and don't let the setbacks set us back.

I managed to avoid eating pizza at home Wed. night and then there were tons of snacks (which I avoided) at a conference I attended on Thurs.

There was a pot-luck lunch at work on Fri. and I'm sure it was full of country-fried everything. I didn't go.

Fri. morning I was able to run 18 min straight @ 6.4 mph after my warm up. It wasn't easy or comfortable but it feels great being back where I was before being sick so much.

My wife and I had one of our worst fights ever Fri. night and I was feeling hopeless but we managed to make-up and I didn't take it out on my body by eating too much.

I got on the scale Sat. morning and saw 200.2 for the first time in many years. My goal was to be under 200 by Mar. 1st but that's so close that I'm counting it, especially knowing that I'll be under my goal by Monday morning and that's when the week really starts anyway. :wink:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Wow...very impressive. Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • aybaybay
    aybaybay Posts: 7
    Options
    thats amazing, congratulations!:drinker:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    That is awesome.....and I am glad you made things work between you and your wife.

and 6.4 for 18 min is really great!

dd-zen :flowerforyou:
  • Rosie31056
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great!! Keep it up.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful.:flowerforyou: Keep up the great work:flowerforyou:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That's great! Every little choice makes a difference!

I had my own little victory yesterday...

I went to a bridal shower and won 3 candy bars playing games. I left them all there when I left. Normally I would have brought them home fully intending to share with my family, but eat them all myself in the end. They were my favorite too!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. I did physical labor around the farm all weekend but I ate like a farmhand too. I was surprised to find myself with no net gain for the weekend when I weighed in this morning. I was seriously tired since I had several stressful dreams last night and had to drag myself to the gym. I was very happy that I did since I was able to run 18 min. @ 6.5 after warming up. The goal is to get to 6.8 and then extend the time to 20 min.

Passing up the brownies on the lunch table seems like second nature now. I do have a weakness though. Ham. We have a spiral-sliced ham in our refrigerator right now and I've been gnawing it like a Labrador.