Can't get full or satisfied

Options
2»

Replies

• dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    For the days you do track, you have 200-300+ calories of creamer and dressing - out of a 1300 calorie goal. You are definitely not going to be full with that many empty calories. Also I'd love to find those no sodium chicken tenders...

I'm thinking look at committing yourself not to losing weight, but to being healthier. You'll find that you'll lose the weight without starving yourself and feel much better in the long run. Just my humble opinion ;)
  • gaspergirl
    gaspergirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every morning I drink a protein shake. I use Jillian Michaels Vanilla (buy at Walmart for $10). One scoop of powder, One cup of milk, dash of vanilla extract, and a tablespoon of Peanut Butter, and Ice. 27 protein. Keeps me full for hours. When fresh fruit is in season, I replace the PB with a cup of blueberries or a banana.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know what someone with diabetes can and can't eat. Can you eat sweet potatos? If so they are good and filling. Just leave off the fatting toppings.

You probably know know about what you should and shouldn't be eating with diabetes but here is a link from the Mayo Clinic the might give you some ideas about food.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-diet/DA00027
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Okay, here's my problem. I was doing really good for a while. Then my consecutive days streak broke, and after that, I kind of lost focus. I haven't really gained much weight (typical 5 lb. fluctuation), but I'm afraid that soon I will step on the scale and it registers plus 20 pounds. My caloric intake is set for 1300 calories per day, but I can't seem to get that nice, satisfied feeling and end up going over my calories. The stuff that I used to eat doesn't fill me anymore and doesn't satisfy my taste buds. It's almost like I'm starting over as a new babe in MFP land, and don't know what to do. Help!!!!

Feel free to check out my diary. I reduced my carbs to ~100g net per day back in May due to slow weight loss. I'm pretty sure that I have insulin resistance ( which can lead to T2 diabetes), but am waiting on the results of my blood draw from Tuesday.

I have found a combination that works for me for breakfast--2 whole eggs ( I have chickens, so they are FRESH), 3-4 slices of soy bacon, then either 1/2 cup cottage cheese or a greek yogurt. Today was cottage cheese, so I had 6 carbs, 2 fiber, and 340 calories. For lunch today I ran through Wendy's and got a 1/2 apple pecan chicken salad--29 carbs, 4 fiber, 340 calories. I meant to grab a granola bar at home before I ran back out, but I forgot :( For Dinner, the family wanted Donatos...so I got a full sized chicken harvest salad-- 680 calories, 40 carbs, 6 fiber. So far for the day, I ate 1350 calories, 75 carbs, 79 protein, and 12 fiber.

I'm full, but hubby and kids want to go get ice cream...which I will do because I have over 600 calories, and 32 carbs left.
  • sneakysneaker
    sneakysneaker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You might find that some small swaps make a difference (and are easier to start with). If you can't cut out all your creamer, cut it to half and have some yogurt, an apple, oatmeal (large flake oats) for the other 70 calories. Same thing with the mayo, halve and swap saved calories for something more filling.

When I get bored I check out new cookbooks from the library to try new recipes. The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook is my current favorite. It has a great breakdown of all the calories, protein, etc and so far all the recipes have been winners. http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Kitchen-Healthy-Family-Cookbook/dp/1933615567/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347068135&sr=8-1&keywords=america's+test+kitchen+healthy

If you don't enjoy cooking you can try to find larger recopies where you cook a big meal on the weekend that then becomes lunch or dinner through the week. Also trying some new spices might make chicken (which can be soooo bland) more interesting (smoked paprika, Thai chilli paste, fresh garlic, fresh basil).