Tried on Jeans Yesterday

kookla33
kookla33 Posts: 234
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am really short on jeans because I don't want to spend money to buy them until I lose weight. I was at the mall yesterday, so I went to a few stores and tried some on. When I came out of the dressing room, my husband kept saying they weren't cut right and they grabbed my butt. I think I just need to get a little more disciplined, and drop a few more pounds.

It's amazing what a difference even a loss of five pounds would make. I need to remember this when I am tempted to go for second helpings, or eat more than a portion of ice cream.

I want to feel skinny again!

Replies

• wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Im in the same boat! like NONE of my clothes fit me right now but i refuse to buy new ones becuz i plan on getting this weight off and i am not going to reward myself until then. 5 lbs makes a big difference with me too, i can always tell in my face if im losing weight!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Congrats on your progress so far!

For me, everytime I see something I like (but stop myself from buying it until I'm the next size down), I go home and drop my pocket change in a jar by the door. By the time I've lost the weight, I should have enough money to buy a nice dress that's NOT on the clearance rack.

Good luck!
  • kookla33
    It's good to know others are in the same boat. I am looking forward to busting through and seeing the scale go down, and then going shopping for skinny clothes.

It's getting hard to wear the only two pairs of jeans I have though! Not a lot of choices...
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Im the same way but I used to by a size small of a cheap pair of pants and that would be my goal.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    yes i refuse to by much clothing till i lose weight - i did get some t-shirts at the Gap on Clearance (some were only like $2.00 cause litterally had no shirts that fit but i bought them snug so they would fit nice after i lose some more inches.
  • I am soooo in teh same boat. I'm trying to lose weight from my 2nd baby and still have 15 ilbs to go! I lost 3 then put them back on! I have almost no clothes since i packed away all my maternity stuff and bought one pair of jeans to wear until i lose weight. I'm counting calories again today and really need some motivation please!!!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    HA! I'm still hanging on to my absolute favorite size 8 jeans from 7 years ago!!! Memories....misty, water-colored memories :sad: Ah heck, I'm still hanging on to my size 12 jeans from 3 years ago! I just keep telling myself that "come hell or high water" my butt is getting into one of those pair of jeans!!! :laugh:

And I totally understand buying clothes off the clearance rack; it's like you don't want to spend money on something that isn't gonna fit in a few months, but you really kinda need a sweater cause it's freezing outside.....that sorta thing!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    If you are to the point of pants falling down and you are swimming in tops you have, a low cost option is Goodwill and other places that sell "recycled" clothing. I spent less than $100 at Goodwill recently and now I actually have some clothes that fit, and since I didn't pay more than $7 for any item, when they are too big, I can donate them back without regrets.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    I'm totally in the same boat! Told everyone this year that I don't want new clothing for Christmas because I don't know how long I'd be able to fit in them! I don't want to get some nice new pieces only to be able to wear them for a month or two. Actually, I really limited people this year! I said no chocolates, no candy, no clothing!

I will buy myself a new wardrobe when I'm skinny again, lol.

I went to try on clothing over the weekend and found that things already fit me differently. Who's to say how they'll fit me next month? I don't want to take any chances of shrinking out of anything new. So I've just requested kitchen stuff (would love a new blender and a better kitchen scale!) and exercise-related stuff. Oh, and a gift certificate to my favorite tattoo parlour. :)
  • kookla33
    Good idea on buying cheaper clothes for the short term.

So much of getting to where I want to be is keeping my goals in sight all the time.
This discussion has been closed.