Food Suggestions?

Options
So... we're expecting long hours at work this next week and lots of working lunches (where we order takeout and work through lunchtime). I'll be eating at least 2 meals if not all 3 at work. Any suggestions for snacks and dinners that I can take to work to avoid the constant energy drinks and junk food? I have oatmeal and tea. We have a microwave and limited fridge space. I will be too tired to cook each evening, so if it's something I can make this week and freeze, that would be preferred. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Cook what would you normally cook for diner and bring it with you and toss it in the microwave.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned more about health than variety, make a giant pot of lentil and vegetable stew and bring it with you each day. Soups make a great transition from fridge to microwave. As far as snacks go, veggies, mini bags of popcorn, fruit, sprouted lentils all make great munchies. In a pinch, it's better to have a relatively healthy frozen meal (try Amy's or something from Whole Foods) than half a pizza or Chinese takeout. You could also bring the steam-in-bag veggies - I think these come in single servings (I'm not sure though because I don't use them).
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned more about health than variety, make a giant pot of lentil and vegetable stew and bring it with you each day. Soups make a great transition from fridge to microwave. As far as snacks go, veggies, mini bags of popcorn, fruit, sprouted lentils all make great munchies. In a pinch, it's better to have a relatively healthy frozen meal (try Amy's or something from Whole Foods) than half a pizza or Chinese takeout. You could also bring the steam-in-bag veggies - I think these come in single servings (I'm not sure though because I don't use them).

Thank you so much! I cook so rarely because I'm busy and if today's diary is any indication, I will probably eat double the number of calories I should if I don't bring my own food. I'll let you know if I find the individual steam-bag veggies.