For all those who bash "complainers"

Options
I've read so many posts on here about people who are sick of people complaining about no motivation ect...so i just wanted to come on and say that...about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I posted on here that i'd been on MFP for a year, wasnt gaining weight back, had lost 25 lbs, but just had NO motivation to work out. I was a runner and with the weather sucking I wasnt running. I admitted i HAVE a gym membership and basically just went on a bit of a "I suck" rant....I wasnt looking for someone to "fix" me or tell me what to do, I just needed to...well....complain about how annoyed I was with myself. Well, its been 3 weeks and I've jumped back on the wagon. Ever since that post, I read everyone responses and just....i dunno, it was the kick i needed to restart. Im back at the gym at least 3 days a week now, Im back up to running my 5k on the treadmill there (different than running outside), lifting weights and generally just feeling FANTASTIC again....I just wanted to thank everyone who listened and gave support and to those who...well...complain about complainers...hahaha...I am proof that it works, I just needed to see my stupidity in black and white it was JUST what I needed to get back on the treadmill.....literally..hahaha...so see, not all complainers are looking for people to coddle them........some of us really do just need to vent!

Replies

• wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Good for u!! Keep it up! I keep getting on and off the weightloss train, letting other things get in the way, im really trying to stay on it! We can reach our goals! We just have to stay motivated and keep on truckin!
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Very well said. Some people just need to vent. Others need to understand that.
  • brewwerks2
    Options
    I hear you. I usually post when I'm feeling bad and just need encouragement and like you said....need to see it in black and white to confront what I'm going through myself. It helps tremendously, and I thank all who offer words of encouragement. Glad you were able to benefit from other's support too.
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I haven't posted much because, well frankly, people can be a bit harsh here, more so than any other board I've ever posted on. I thought maybe it was just me and I'd be better off reading rather than posting here. Sometimes just laying it all out, and getting a few people to help you put it all back together and get motivated again, is just what we need.

Good for you!!!

It's unfortunate that those who "don't wanna hear it" from others are the ones who usually fall the hardest. Thankfully, not everyone has their attitude and there are those who are there to encourage them as well.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    people can be a bit harsh here, more so than any other board I've ever posted on.

I think by "harsh" you must mean "real."
    Different people are motivated different ways. Some people need gentle kind encouragment. Others need tough love and realism. I've not seen many replies to posts I would actually consider "harsh," but I've seen plenty of replies that just may not be what the original poster wanted to hear (but it doesn't make them any less true).

I have no problem giving motivation or support to anyone. That having been said, it can become tedious to read post after post of people *expecting* other people on this board to bestow upon them some sort of magical motivation day after day.

I'm glad you found your motivation. :smile:

Also, I found it helped me more to "join" a motivational group here. That way, when I need to vent, I vent to the folks that "know" me best here. I don't get any unwanted feedback by doing it that way because that's what the group is here for -- support and motivation! :wink:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Don't let other people get you down. Different people really are motivated in different ways. In my mind, I always thought that was the whole point of HAVING a board here- to have people to talk to. Because when you have people to vent to and share successes with it keeps you focused. I'm doing better in the past three weeks than I did in over a year because before I was doing it alone. I FELT alone. Which depressed the crap out of me and usually just set me spiraling out of control. But now I'm happy and motivated and determined to do well!