Workouts make me want to cry

Options
2»

Replies

• mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    TWO classes a day and you just started??? Add the eating less than 1300 cals a day, and I can only wish you luck....:noway: How long are you planning to keep this up?

^^^This!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If you are burning a lot of fat quickly (and it sounds like you could be with that much working out), it could be releasing hormones that are stored in your fat. The hormonal imbalance could be causing it.

:noway:

Actually it happened to me, I was experiencing a lot of symptoms, and my doctor confirmed it.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Apparently OP it isn't an unheard of reaction to exercise:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21073097/#.UEkVrLJlS8E

EDIT: tried what I could to make the damn link a working link but can't figure out how. Sorry.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I can't explain it..... I have no idea why.... but I get quite emotional when I work out. :cry:

perhaps an overwhelming sense of accomplishment??

This sounds good to me! I have never experienced this for myself, but I would take it easy at first. Try to figure out if it is the intensity levels or what may be triggering.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like this article about it. alot of articles want to tell you you have some deep rooted issue. I dont agree, while Im sure I probably do :sad: :cry: . the tears I get when I push myself are euphoric:laugh: . it makes me wanna go back for more :drinker:

http://www.mesapersonaltraining.com/exercise-makes-you-cry-like-a-baby/
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Verrrry interesting stuff. I read the article and generally agree. FYI, I am eating well over 1600 calories with the increased workout intensity, and did not actually cry, and really do feel a bit on an emotional roller coaster. So there is probably a bit of truth in what everyone has suggested. The article asks this question: **How many times have you been working out, generally under pressure from someone else, and felt like you were about to have a breakdown? Maybe it translates as crying like a baby or moodiness, maybe you get a temper, maybe you just shut down….Either way, this is your bodies emotional response to being pushed to your mental and physical limit...Exercise is stress, and stress is stress, no matter what causes it. However, stress is not always bad, yet it generally has the same set of physiological responses despite the type of stress. That means that even though working out is a GOOD stress, it can elicit a response similar to failing a test in school. Lots of lead up and expectation followed by let down.** **....This is a major component to why people plateau. When you reach your physical limit, your mind can carry you a little further. However, when you reach your mental limit, your body will not carry your mind further, and unless you follow a training plan developed to push through this to a T, you will not continue to make gains.** I am not quitting, just confused as to when am I going to start losing weight.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I don't see a lot of men commenting on this, which leads me to believe it is hormonal as well.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I can't explain it..... I have no idea why.... but I get quite emotional when I work out. :cry:

perhaps an overwhelming sense of accomplishment??

This sounds good to me! I have never experienced this for myself, but I would take it easy at first. Try to figure out if it is the intensity levels or what may be triggering.

I totally agree!! I know its not intensity levels but when I run I start to think..... think about how it will feel to be fit, how my husband will be proud of his wife, how my daughter will learn from example..... and on and on and on. I don't mind the emotion....as long as I'm alone. :blushing:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hi... I found your post after searching for other people who cried during yoga. I know this post is pretty old, but just for posterity I'd like to note that I've cried many times after a particularly grueling workout. For example, I might cry at CrossFit because either the workout is tough and now I'm digging into my mental reserves in order to finish, because I'm angry others make it look so easy, or because I'm super proud of myself for achieving a goal.

Today I cried through 90 minutes of yoga and couldn't figure out why (because the tears started before we'd even begun a pose) until the instructor sat me down and told me that a lot of people carry emotion in our bodies and as we relax the bodies we begin to release and process the emotion. You can read more about my experience here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JanieJack/view/crocodile-tears-during-power-yoga-520349