Where'd my thirst go?

Options
So I was doing really good for about 3 days of getting my 64oz of water a day. Now it seems like I have a hard time getting in 32oz. For some reason I am just not thirsty. Its not even that I am drinking other things that are not good for me. I haven't touched a coke, I've finally got myself away from Sweet Tea, Its been all water... but I just can't figure out why here lately, I am just not thirsty and when I try to force it, i start to feel sick. Has this happened to anybody else? Any ideas what is going on? Am I good to just keep drinking 32 oz of water and hoping that my thirst will come back?

Replies

• mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I get waterlogged sometimes and just have to have something with flavor - unsweet tea, a bottle of water with crystal light, SOMETHING. Otherwise I just can't force it down.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I've read that if you are at all thirsty, your body is slightly dehydrated. Therefore, if you feel no thirst, your body has sufficient water to function. Don't force yourself to drink more than your body wants you to drink or you'll just be running to the bathroom every few minutes.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am a believer that your body will crave what it needs. So, if you aren't thirsty, you don't need water. Of course, this is just my theory. You can believe that or not, just my take on it.