protein powder

Options
what kind do you recomend, I just ran out of my other stuff, it was vanilla EAS soy protein, and it wasnt bad, but it didnt desolve in almont milk, so im going to walmart tomorrow, so what should I get, im thinking of getting a strawberry whey this time.

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I use whey protein powder only because it seems to dissolve better over all (I use almond milk too).

I currently use GNC's strawberry whey protein powder. It's actually pretty sweet and I usually add a dash of lime juice to cut that back, but otherwise I'm really happy with it. Nice balance of high protein to low calories, dissolves well, tastes yummy.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    thank you :) the soy didnt disolve hardly at all it was pretty chunky to drink, it took about 6 times of drinking it to not gag from it:sick: lol
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I really love Body Fortress Whey Protein (in chocolate). You can buy it at Wal-Mart.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I use optimum Nutrition pro complex very good.
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    profit but you have to order online
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I really love Body Fortress Whey Protein (in chocolate). You can buy it at Wal-Mart.

i agree with this but i get mine in the chocolate peanut butter
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I use Plant Fusion all plant based (no soy, no gluten)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

another vote for body fortress...the choc pb is bomb!
    just switched to vanilla last night, and i love it.
    i usually go with almond or soy milk.
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use optimum Nutrition and I mix it with powerade
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options

Body Fortress here in Vanilla or Vanilla Cream - dissolves great in cold coffee! Yum!

edited for typo
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I use the Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter which is great for making a chocolate shake out of -- Just use one scoop plus your almond milk and half a banana and about 10 ice cubes in a blender and crunch it up! YUM!

I also use Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder... I haven't tried that by itself in Almond milk but I do like it mixed with berries and kale for a wonderful frozen fruit drink. Also I use this in my protein pancakes... but it IS GREEN! This is plant based as well and has good protein for the calorie bang. 90 calories for 15 g protein.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I get Muscle Milk Whey in chocolate and vanilla at Costco. I recently got some Syntrax nectar whey and like it. They have fruit flavors like grapefruit or fuzzy navel. I got a sample pack from netrition.com so I can try different flavors. So far so good. They dissolve pretty well in water. I also got the Syntrax in capuccino, which is great as a shake with almond milk, ice, and maybe some chocolate protein powder.
  • OlsenG318
    Options

Cookies & Cream is awesome too.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Currently having the genuine health proteins+ in chocolate.. pretty tasty
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My favourite so far is Rivalus Promasil in Soft Serve Vanilla. I buy it at GNC. It has 0 carbs, 90 calories for 20g protein (per 25g serving), and dissolves really well. Plus... it tastes great! I usually blend it with frozen fruit and almond milk and make a smoothie :)
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Walmarts and I buy the Body fortress strawberry one. I dilute mine with water and not milk...2 reasons..milk has calories and water none....I tried with milk and found it to be too thick, with water its great I add some fruit also, strawberry (2 big ones) ,banana not even half. I use and electric mixer and it cuts up all of the fruits easily...a little trick freeze your fruits it helps to keep everything nice and cold while drinking it...good luck:drinker:
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Body Fortress here in Vanilla or Vanilla Cream - dissolves great cold coffee! Yum!

Just tried that with cold coffee today. Was pretty good! Good to see I'm not the only one! Thought I was being odd by doing it. LOL
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

another vote for body fortress...the choc pb is bomb!
    just switched to vanilla last night, and i love it.
    i usually go with almond or soy milk.

Ditto^^
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Yesss the chocolate peanut butter is yummy! I prefer whey over the soy, because soy can mimic estrogen in the body, which I don't want!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love the Body by Vi sweet cream powder. Its the only protein powder I actually enjoy drinking. I add almond milk and fruit.