Marathon Newbies Group week two!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I wish I was running outside - it's supposed to be mid 30s tomorrow so I'll sneak out then. Today will be 3 miles on tread mill - 1/2 mile each for warm up and cool down and 2 mile run
  • mpatte16
    Options
    Good Luck to everyone with their marathon goals! This is my first post, I've been on and off training for the long island marathon in May and my long run last weekend was 10 miles.. phew.. just found this topic and as this is my first marathon I am would love any support and/or tips. Good luck everyone!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I wish I was running outside - it's supposed to be mid 30s tomorrow so I'll sneak out then. Today will be 3 miles on tread mill - 1/2 mile each for warm up and cool down and 2 mile run

How hard to you find the transfer of outside and treadmill? How do you keep yourself entertained on the treadmill?
  • chrissyh
    Options

How hard to you find the transfer of outside and treadmill? How do you keep yourself entertained on the treadmill?

I try to arrive 5 minutes before the hour so that I actually watch a full TV show...keeps me distracted pretty well. In the past, I was able to easily go back and forth....I'll for sure be outside next week so I'll let you know!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I did 3 miles this morning and boy was it cold. Had a bit of trouble getting my legs to move constantly because of that fact. I was also really sore this morning from doing weights yesterday and did some Yoga to stretch out before my run. Tomorrow is aerobics and then a day off before my long run for the week.

Have a good day.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    cross training for me today - 1hour strenght 20-30 minutes on elliptical
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Where's all my runners?!

Did my strength and 15 extra minutes of cardio last night.

walked and jogged 4 miles on treadmill today as a cross training/rest day!
  • mpatte16
    Options
    Joined the new york state parks winter run series.. a 5 k every sunday for the month of jan.
    first 5 k was yesterday will post results once they are up... ran 5 miles at the gym this morning.. hoping for a good week so i can have a better time for next sunday ... happy running everyone!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    Where's all my runners?!

Did my strength and 15 extra minutes of cardio last night.

walked and jogged 4 miles on treadmill today as a cross training/rest day!

We are over here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73592-marathon-newbies-group-week-three?page=1#posts-1035170