Been at it for a month. LOVING IT.

Options
Swedish dude named Fredrik here (Umeå, in the north), studying transportation design @ UID by day (28yrs old). I felt the need for speed this spring and started running. After a while I added this site to the mix and started keeping track of my intake. Damn do I feel awesome :)

Minus 8kg so far since may. From ca 85kg to 76.3kg (176cm tall, goal is about 70kg without increased muscle training, when I add it the weight goal does not longer apply).

This is not longer something I do to loose weight, it is my new lifestyle and training has become an important part of who I am. Met a lot of new friends through it and next week I'm adding more muscle training to my running. This winter I'll also switch a lot of my running for swimming. I am no longer pleased with loosing weight, want to be 'fit' whatever that is. I think I have a goal in the end but it is blurry and it doesn't matter since I'm having so much fun :) Just wanted to write about it somewhere.

Schedual right now:
Running 5-7km 4-5 days/week

Improved schedual this fall with an experienced friend helping out:
Running/swimming 2-3 days/week
Heavy interval lifting 3-4 days/week (ofc different muscle groups every day)
Crossfit when I feel like it (loving it)

Replies

• allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Running and training for races can be a lot of fun. Since you like swimming, maybe check out training for a triathlon!
  • Fragtore
    Options
    I'm definitely going to look into that for the future. Right now I'm just satisfied with loosing fat and gaining stamina & muscles while being healthy and happy and full of energy. I am ready for most kinds of beginner races atm. Don't want to start training for marathons or longer runs tho, do not want to be that physically slim :)