Sort of a Success story

Options
joann
joann Posts: 624 Member
Okay so I broke down and started making christmas cookies......I just made a batch of carrot cake cookies ( figured carrots are healthy lol) anyway I didnt even try just one. I ate an orange instead. But boy do they smell good. I will probably gain weight from the aroma.....

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Tonight I'm going to pick up the ingredients for cookies and fudge that we're making for Christmas. I hope I'll be able to stay away from all that stuff!!

Good luck staying away from yours!
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    I managed to bake about 12 dozen cookies yesterday and didn't eat one (although I ate a little bit of dough). I have more baking to do before the weekend as I have a Christmas Party tonight, dessert for the teacher lunch on Friday, and a 70th Birthday Party for my mom on Saturday.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I spent 7.5 hours yesterday making Christmas chocolates with my mom and sister. I ate two. And only because they made me, using the arguement that I had to 'try this'. Oh, and I licked my spoon once, without realizing what I was doing. All in all, calories eaten making chocolates = about 150. Calories BURNED making chocolates: 723. Boo-ya!

Also, my mom wanted to make us a can of Zoodles for lunch (what are we, five, mom? My sister and I are both married with kids, lol!) but instead I had scrambled eggs and two pieces of toast.

Tempation: 0 Carrie: 2
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    thats awesome, good for you not giving in!

i'm just avoiding baking in general because i'm weak and i know i'll cave lol
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I baked on Sat with a high school friend and now all my goodies are out in the garage so I don't have to see them every time I'm in the kitchen. I guess there is something good about a high temp of 6 today - It's my own little freezer out there.

Of course, I wasn't overly good while I was baking them but I could have been much worse.
  • klybarger
    Options
    That is a success story - the ability to say no is a milestone! I need to bake a boatload of of cookies for a huge event next weekend and I am putting off making them until the very last minute so I don't have them hanging around taunting me.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good girl! Learn to enjoy the smell!! You'll like yourslef better tomorrow! :laugh: I made fudge and sorta got thru that. I ALWAYS make candy corn every year for Christmas though & haven't gotten to that yet. (Yikkes!!) :noway:

Susan
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!