Monthly Goal Reached! With Pictures.

Options
So I began changing my lifestyle the last couple days of July, I weighed in at my heaviest 198. With simply changing my eating habits I dropped down to 181 about a week and a half later. I stayed at 181 for about two weeks when I started taking action about my exercise too. I began a date of August 12 to be the start date of working out...my goal was to reach 173 by September 12. Six days before the date I have already reached my goal of 173...I hope I can at least lose another pound before September 12 :) I am so proud of myself it was extremely hard, I had to be really strict with myself...even when food called my name. I slipped a couple of times but that didn't stop me from reaching my goal. I pushed myself to go forward and change what I didn't like. My next goal for Sep-Oct is to be 165 by October 12. Wish me luck!! This month was hard and emotional for me but I pushed through all the challenges. I even rewarded myself with a small starbucks coffee.

576165_3268404960170_887175514_n-1.jpg Start July 198

get-attachment1l.jpg early/mid august 181

mayela.jpg 177

175.jpg 175

173.jpg <--taken today 173 :)

every pound shows on my body!! BTW I am 5' 2"

Replies

• Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Did you follow any food plan?
  • sweetpickle84
    sweetpickle84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job! Good luck!
  • crmason88
    Options
    looking great! Keep it up!
  • MagonElizabeth
    Options
    198 to 181 in a week and a half is incredible!!! I'm almost at 2 weeks and refused to weigh myself at all last week because it was "that time of the month". I have a feeling I won't even come close to what you lost, but that is still really inspiring!! Great job! :wink:
  • Mayela05
    Options
    not exactly, I just gave up unhealthy foods entirely. It was hard and yes sometimes I slip...but most of the days, instead of pigging out on junk food, you see me pigging out on a salad. I eat three balanced meals, Salad, veggie stir fry, ect...I only get my carbs from the veggies and fruits I eat. Bread or grain carbs do not fill you up the way veggie carbs do, they are absorbed faster where as the veggie and fruit carbs are not, I just reach my daily carb limit by eating things like that. And at the end of the day, the fruits and veggies are so filling I am not hungry at 12 o'clock at night. And they are healthy and I can eat as much of them as I want. When I do eat grains I only eat wheat...for example wheat bread, wheat pasta, wheat pancakes. It's hard but as you can see it works.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mayela05
    Options
    here is a trick, if you follow your menstrual cycle a woman's metabolism is up and running better the week before she menstruates. So an easy way to loose a couple of pounds...just eat nothing but fruits veggies and water the week before your time of the month. It will also reduce the 'cramps' I use to get really bad pains but now i do this a week before and I either go the entire week without pain or it's very mild. Hope that helps
  • Mayela05
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! :)
  • chellie346
    chellie346 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! you look great!
  • mommytyra
    Options
    GOOD JOB! im literally at the same weight you are at now! keep it up<3
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Well, you look fantastic and you can really see that the hard work has paid off!

Great job!

You are a stunning beauty too!

Keep us posted with your status.
  • Mayela05
    Options
    thanks you :)
  • Mayela05
    Options
    thanks!!!
  • bethhughes1225
    bethhughes1225 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !!!! You are looking FABULOUS! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Mayela05
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Mayela05
    Options
    thanks!!!
  • Mayela05
    Options
    thank you!!!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job and thanks for that tip too! :flowerforyou:
  • Mayela05
    Options
    Thank you!! That is so sweet!! I will be doing monthly updates!! If I continue I will be at my weight goal by december/january!!! :) keep a look out for my posts!!
  • Mayela05
    Options
    thank you so much!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!