Eat before feeling hungry or waiting till your hungry...?

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    six meals a day is the way to go..

breakfast
    snack
    lunch
    snack
    dinner
    snack

don't forget your post work out protein shake...!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you wait until you are hungry it is too late and your body has already gone into starvation mode and is slowing down your metabolism....
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    if you wait until you are hungry it is too late and your body has already gone into starvation mode and is slowing down your metabolism....
    tigerpalm.jpg

No. It takes at least 4 days of complete fasting, or several months of eating very low calorie, in order to enter the "famine response." Waiting until you feel hungry has no effect. In fact, a 24 hour fast will actually increase your metabolism. Seriously, if we had to eat 6 meals a day, every few hours, the human race would've died out several million years ago.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like to eat regularily............usually 3 main meals and snacks in between. That said sometimes I'm really hungry when I eat and sometimes not so much, every day is different.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    six meals a day is the way to go..

breakfast
    snack
    lunch
    snack
    dinner
    snack

don't forget your post work out protein shake...!

This is me 90% of the time... :)
  • nessa1879
    Options

No. It takes at least 4 days of complete fasting, or several months of eating very low calorie, in order to enter the "famine response." Waiting until you feel hungry has no effect. In fact, a 24 hour fast will actually increase your metabolism. Seriously, if we had to eat 6 meals a day, every few hours, the human race would've died out several million years ago.

Agreed.