am i the only one worried about flab?

Options
2»

Replies

• witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Try not to freak out too much about it. Losing 100lbs will have an amazing result on how you look and your health. Do it steadily, make sure you keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water and your skin hydrated with moisturisers. You can buy moisturisers specially for firming up skin after pregnancy and weight loss, don't know how well they work but they can't harm.

You are 22 so age is on your side as you lose elasticity from your skin with age.

Strength and weight training will help tone things up but can slow the weight loss down. Although I still have quite a lot to lose so I don't think it will slow much until closer to a healthy weight.

Basically eat healthy, lose weight at a steady pace, moisturise, drink loads of water and exercise (inc strength training) and that is the best things you can do.

Also remember that even when you first get to your target weight, your skin will continue to shrink so don't freak out and book any surgery straight away. Give it a good year or so as it will keep shrinking for a while.

And good luck! x
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much the skin was stretched, it may never firm back up. I know several women that I train that have lost lots of weight and their flabby skin will never go away unless they have surgery.

This really makes little sense. My belly skin has been stretched repeatedly and to a large degree. I have had four children and since I'm very short there's no where for it to go but out. I looked like I had a watermelon under my shirt. The skin shrinks back. The stuff that hasn't "firmed up", currently, is still over a bit of fat. And it's been less than a year.

Pregnancies are a really short time for skin to be stretched out. That is different from skin being forced to stretch for years and years in constant progression. Skin also grows. Age, the condition of your skin, and the length of time skin was stretched out will determine how much it'll be able to retract and how long that will take.
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have lost 29 lbs since April and have flabby skin. I am 63 years old but exercise pretty regular. I am trying to increase my resistance training, I prefer cardio and tend to do it more.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much the skin was stretched, it may never firm back up. I know several women that I train that have lost lots of weight and their flabby skin will never go away unless they have surgery.

This really makes little sense. My belly skin has been stretched repeatedly and to a large degree. I have had four children and since I'm very short there's no where for it to go but out. I looked like I had a watermelon under my shirt. The skin shrinks back. The stuff that hasn't "firmed up", currently, is still over a bit of fat. And it's been less than a year.

^^^^"The skin shrinks back" ONLY if you have good elasticity, and have only stretched it (even quite largely) for a relatively short period of time.

I have been quite FAT for years..Mine is getting CUT OFF!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

^^^^"The skin shrinks back" ONLY if you have good elasticity, and have only stretched it (even quite largely) for a relatively short period of time.

I have been quite FAT for years..Mine is getting CUT OFF!!!!!:bigsmile:

i have been big for about 5 years ... so probably gunna have to get i cut off too haha ! and i had a baby so i know my tummys ot gunna look great lol