What light beer has the least calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I find that the ultra low cal beers get that way by having extremely low alcohol content... I'd rather just drink a real beer and get a buzz than drink vaguely beer flavored water and just have to pee a lot, personally ;-) I also only drink 1-2x per month, so there's that.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think the true question is "which light beer tastes decent and is actually worth wasting your calories on?"

The answer to that, in my opinion, is none! Save up a few calories from other places and enjoy some good beer. Life is too short for ****ty alcohol. :smile:

This.

It was actually a trick question.
    Man up and drink something your taste buds will thank you for!
  • DeonK850
    Options
    love this! so true ill skip a meal before I drink a beer i wont enjoy!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    Bud select 55 is gross. So is the Miller 64 one. Yuck. I'd rather spend more calories on a beer and drink a real one. If I'm at home I get a good bottle of beer and put it in one of my frozen coozies and it's amazingly cold the whole time I drink it so that I can take my time. I can't wait to spot some Sam Adams Oktoberfest on the shelves!
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I prefer Mich Ultra 94 cals :)

Yep!!!
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I agree to. If I want a beer I have to run a mile first. If I want 2 beers, that's 2 miles, etc.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Bud Select (NOT the 55) is 99 calories and tastes the most like a "real" beer.
  • Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra Lime and Cactus. Not really beer, but not bad and refreshing.

If I want beer, I drink beer. Microbrews are my favorites!
  • Ksalmon1
    Options
    All the beers that have the least amount of calories (select 55, MGD 64, bud light platinum) all taste extremely watery to me and not even worth drinking in my opinion.... Working at a sports bar I have tried all the "light" beers and the only one that I can really stand drinking is the michelob ultra! Try adding a lemon and a lime wedge to it, it's really good!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Taste outweighs cal count. Drink real, quality beer and just make it fit into your cals if you don't fee like going over for a day

^^THIS. Real beer doesn't have fructose corn syrup or rice in it, along with other adjuncts. Grab a nice craft beer instead!
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 has 55 calories and doesn't taste like ****

That doesn't make sense, because it's Bud.

I personally drink dos equis but at my bar if someone doesn't know what to drink and wants a foo foo light beer this is what I give them because most likely they are accustom to the taste of Bud/Bud light already.
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Sugar Free A&W Rootbeer.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I would rather have one yummy Guinness than any of those other beers... (And one is usually all that I need!)

Draught (Guinness)
    Serving Size: 12oz Calories: 126 Total Fat: 0g Carbs: 10 Protein: 1
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    bud select 55 cals
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    My vote is on Samuel Adam's Octoberfest , its my fave and worth the calories if I plan for them.
    This is how I see it.... Steelers Nation Football + Sam Adams Octoberfest = the perfect combination!

If I have to have a lite beer, would pick Labatts.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Drink Guinness. It's less calires than you think, and mmmmmm......guinness......argharharhghrhghahahahrghhraaaah
  • CoronerKris
    CoronerKris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Best "light" beer i think would be Heineken light, but I agree with above poster...Id go with guinness....it's rich but only 125 calories