Irish/Celtic/Gaelic

Options
Melroxsox
Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
Im sure no one cares about what im listening to..(im having a relaxing night to myself listening to relaxing music...and I've had the same songs on repeat for awhile...).but it just happens to be celtic/gaelic. anyone else have suggestions for the same genre of music? suggestions for relaxation welcomed!

Replies

• parkiegirl
    parkiegirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Christy Moore, Ride On
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Celtic Woman has some great cd's out. We have seen them in person, and they are great!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Christy Moore, Ride On
    loreena mckennit has a version of ride on too
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love to listen to River Dance and have seen the show twice - the music just sends me to a place I want to be.
  • wessyjone
    wessyjone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Enya.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I agree...Enya...I love her...she's got a lot of good stuff!!!
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Enya! I was just about to suggest that :-) Very chilled out and relaxing music.
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    Flogging Molly or dropkick murphy
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Any rebel songs are good, not so relaxing though. ;)

Try Clannad.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Enya rocks!!!:wink:
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Definitely Dropkick Murphys!
  • OhioViking79
    OhioViking79 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The Pogues or The Dubliners. Christie Moore is good. Solas maybe or anything by Karan Casey - she has the most amazing version of O holy Night. Wrong season perhaps, but she is awsome anyway.
  • BarbBlue
    Options
    I was going to say Enya too. She is awesome and very relaxing!
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I listen to the soundscapes on tv at night. It has great piano music.
    Some of the songs have ocean waves, and what not. But i fall asleep every night. I have a stack of cds that are piano and ocean waves, or smooth guitar.
  • Celticsnowflake
    Celticsnowflake Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The Rankin Family, Natalie McMaster (Fiddler)!
  • hifinm
    hifinm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Remember in the movie Titanic, when they went down to the bottom of the ship and everyone was partying. That band was Gaelic Storm. Not very relaxing, but alot of fun.
  • SkyPixie
    Options
    The Dubliners for sure God bless Ronnie Drew :flowerforyou: and of course Christy Moore :happy:

If you like that kind of music you should try some of the UK folk groups as well...Show of Hands, Unthanks, Lau, Kan, Bellowhead, Spiers and Boden, Bella Hardy and of course the yummy Seth Lakeman.

Although my family is Irish and I grew up with all the trad music I have recently got into the UK folk scene and although its not always relaxing its music to give you goose bumps !
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Spiers & Boden played the folk festival here (Isle of Wight) a couple of years back and they were stellar. Highly recommended.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If you can find any of his stuff, my old college mate Kieran Goss. Look especially for "I close my eyes"
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I love Albannach, Ed Miller, Uncle Hamish and the Hooligans, Kilbrannan, Penny Whiskey, the Sandcarvers, SAOR Patrol, Alex Beaton, Cutthroat Shamrock...