What to do if you hate eggs?

Options
What are good breakfast ideas if you are an egg hater? I prefer not to eat bacon, sausage, etc because of sodium so am I out of options?

Grab and go ideas are even more helpful if you have them.

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Faux meats (not sure how this would compare to the real stuff)
    PB on toast
    protein shake
    oatmeal or another hot cereal

(I don't eat eggs so I always have to come up with alternatives)
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    do you like the taste of bacon and sausage? if you do and you just do not want the fat/cals/grease try fakin bacon [that's what my sister and I call it]. My sister is a veegetarian and uses it all the time. Its pretty good, I eat the morningstar kind. It does look kind of funny, but after you pop it in the microwave [30 secs] it tastes pretty good. What about cereal bars? granola? oatmeal? I also like the yogurt smoothies they make now that you can just grab and go.
  • klybarger
    Options
    I do not care for eggs either. I will have Cheerios with lowfat milk or wheat toast with peanut butter or a bagel with light butter when there's absolutely nothing else in the house. On the run, I'll grab a banana and cereal/granola bar that keeps me pretty full.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, cold cereals, smoothies with protein powder, kashi waffles, peanutbutter, grilled cheese, really you dont have to have a "Regular Breakfast" eat any foods that are low in calories, and high in protein. And enjoy :drinker:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my favorite breakfasts without an egg in sight.

1 banana
    1 Orowheat Sandwich thin,
    1-2 TBLSP of almond butter (or you could do peanut butter)

If I want extra protein, I add 1/8-1/4 cup of roasted soy nuts on the bread w/the spread.

Very yummy and very filling.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Nutri grain waffles with peanut butter
    cinnamon puffins cereal
    slim fast/special K protein shake
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I need some fat and protein to get me started in the mornings (carbs just make me HUNGRY by 10). I do eat an egg from time to time but here are my standard breakfasts:

1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese with blueberries (I mix about 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries into the cottage cheese)

1 small low sugar yogurt (those 70 calorie packs) with 1/4 cup crunchy cereal (I use gape-nuts or a bran cereal)

1 piece of double fiber toast with 2 TB low sugar peanut butter

As you can see - I keep breakfast small so I can save my calories for when I can really enjoy them - lunch! I'm just not a big breakfast person and I don't have much time - quick and easy is my goal for mornings!
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    protein shake, protein powder mixed in to an icing and poured on toast. Protein pancakes, protein waffles, cereal with a scoop of protein powder in it.. Cottage cheese, yogurt, dry oats in a cup with milk or water and a scoop of protein powder blended in. oatmeal mixed with a scoop of protein powder..High protein cereal, toast or french toast made with p28 high protein bread.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    The only problem with the MorningStar fake bacon is that it is not really a protein substitute, it's more of a fat if I remember correctly, so that wouldn't really be a good replacement for eggs.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    There is no rule against having what we would typically consider a lunch or dinner food for breakfast. Also if you are not allergic, eggs can be hidden in other foods, where they can't be tasted. Just a thought! Write down all of the foods you like, make a list of ones that can be prepared ahead of time in a wrap or something like muesli mixed in yogurt (prepared the night before) that you can grab and eat in a hurry if you need to.