I must be serious, I bought a scale!!

Options
Seriously, I HATE scales and now I've done the deed and bought one. I have to admit it is stashed deep in a cabinet and will only come out on weigh-in days : ) Started making healthier choices almost three weeks ago to lose weight and be more physically fit. I discovered my fitness pal and am hooked. I am pretty motivated but would like to make some friends who are on the same journey so we can motivate each other. If anyone out there is interested in friending me, I'd be extremely happy :happy:

Replies

• KhaosTh30ry
    KhaosTh30ry Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, I bought a doctor's scale.. haha :)
    Welcome to the addiction! Stick around and see where it takes you! :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    The scale is a good trend tool for weight loss. I finally stopped using mine in January. I'm freeeee! LOL
  • kat191
    Options
    Lol I got one yesterday it's all fancy pancy i weighed myself this morn and i have lost 2 kg totally happy you can add me if you want then we can support each other :D
  • razcals01
    Options
    When I saw this post I laughed to myself because I feel the same way. I am 31 years old and have never owned a scale until 2 weeks ago. I have been over weight since I quit smoking 4 years ago but even before that, when my weight wasn't a problem I still steered cleared of the evil little things. LOL! Feel free to add me! I need friends too and am looking forward to all the motivation I can get as well. Good luck!!!
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    No matter how ugly the numbers could be, you want to take measurements at the beginning of your journey -- or as early into the journey as possible.

I measure as many parts of my body as I can: my neck, chest, buts, waist, belly, butt, hips, thighs, above knees, below knees, calves, ankles, upper arm, wrist. I even make notes on where I measured. (9" from shoulder on the big freckle!)

There will be days when it seems as if the scale is broken. When you hit one of those plateaus, please think of me as you whip out your measuring tape, and find that, lo and behold!, you might not have lost pounds, but the inches are falling off.

There have been several times when I might have given up because of discouragement from the scales, but the measuring tape kept me going. (And once, after 20+ inches loss, I dropped 1.5 pounds two days later.)