Staying away from temptation

Options
I'm a college student living in a dorm. The cafeteria food is awful and I can't afford to buy groceries so I'm stuck eating the cafeteria. Sometimes, the only edible option is cookies or a peanut butter sandwich. Even when healthier options are available, I tend to lean towards the deserts and fat laden entrees. I'm new to trying to lose weight, but I don't have as much time as I would like to exercise, and I keep falling into bad eating patterns. Any advice for eating and/ or avoiding the temptation to eat poorly would lovely.

Replies

• alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Salad bar, fruit, and veggies.
  • Josyurtos23
    Josyurtos23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My suggestions are:

eggs
    chicken breast that's grilled
    salad
    wheat bread if you have bread and if its an option
    yogurt
    nuts
    fruit
    water
  • mayb92
    Options
    I understand what you're going through trust me I was in the dorms just last year and the only healthy option in the cafeteria was the salad bar, rainbow cookies, and cheese pizza, but eventually you get either bored with it or you want something more yummier. I'd suggest if you have a mini fridge stock up on some greek yogurt and some healthy refrigerated items thats how I did it after a point of gaining then losing weight then gaining it back because of the cafe. this year im living at home which is a lot better but then again not since my parents drive me crazy.

What helped me avoid temptation was imagining the body i want to get the question of did you lose weight and since i loved fast food a lot and meat i first cut out fast food then became a pescetarian to avoid eating bad food (going back to fast food since its nothing but meat) and etc but really you just have to find something that suits you. For the exercise problem, hopefully your college has a gym if so instead of going to the mall to hang out go to the gym or wake up two hours before class to do a thirty min to an hour jog. Hope this helps
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Salad bar, fruit, and veggies.

Yoghurt, plain meat without sauce

I've never seen a college without a veggie option.

Cereal, wheat germ