Eating Back Exercise Calories

Options
MFP has me netting 1500 calories per day. I have been following it for a month and lost 6 lb. however, many days I end up netting 1250-1300 because I do not eat back my exercise calories. I do not want to affect my cortisol, etc by under eating. Should I be sure to net 1500 to prevent this?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Some eat them back, some don't..I eat back about half of mine f I'm hungry :smile:
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to see what works for you. I eat back about half of mine-more once in a while, sometimes less, but usually about half. Doing that im losing about 2 lbs a week.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I eat mine back. Works for me.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    As the above poster said find what works for you, there is no fixed route as all our bodies are different. I started by using my exercise calories but after about 5 months I went into very slow weight loss, so I started leaving the exercise calories on the table and the scale started moving again. When I slow down again and I know it will happen I will then look at going back to eating some of them.

Currently not able to go to the gym following minor shoulder surgery so just trying to lose on food consumption only, I am missing the gym :cry:

Andy