Cottage cheese

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions as what to do with cottage cheese? I usually mix it with nuts or berries but other than that i have no other method of eating it... And i find that alone it tastes pretty bland :S suggestions?

Replies

• nbeth901
    nbeth901 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like to add peaches to it.
  • aprus5542
    Options
    I dont like eating it with fruit.. The weird texture mixed with fruit makes it feel like vomit lol
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Its good with Pears or peaches also. You can cook with it, I put it in some recipes. The one that comes to mind is lasagna, but thats not real healthy
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    A half tsp of pesto per cup.
  • aprus5542
    Options
    And just eat it by itself or as a spread?
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like to load it on a baked potato or a cruskit or have it on an open sandwich with bruschetta mix
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with an Israeli / Arab salad, which is finely chopped cucumber, tomato and colored peppers with a dash of olive oil, some lemon juice and some za'atar (a middle eastern spice you can find in any number of grocery stores around the US). I'll put a cup of that salad over a third cup of cottage cheese and sometimes mix in some feta. Yum! I find it also goes well with a fried egg.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I just started making this:

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/peanut-butter-protein-cheesecake-mousse-for-one/

I use PB2 and liquid stevia. SO good, and as long as you process it enough, it really does have a light airy texture.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    put it on a beagle !
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with an Israeli / Arab salad, which is finely chopped cucumber, tomato and colored peppers with a dash of olive oil, some lemon juice and some za'atar (a middle eastern spice you can find in any number of grocery stores around the US). I'll put a cup of that salad over a third cup of cottage cheese and sometimes mix in some feta. Yum! I find it also goes well with a fried egg.

I just like it with a little pepper I don't much like fruit in mine either
  • Leahsz
    Options
    I'm Australian...I like it with vegemite on toast...
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    pineapple.

cherry tomatoes and pesto.

with a salad.
  • aprus5542
    Options
    Thank you all :) so helpful <3
  • kandienicole
    Options
    I like to add about 1/4 tablespoon of reduced fat grated parmesan cheese to 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, then a little garlic powder and pepper to taste...odd combo, but super good!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Mix it into your smoothies and shakes!
    Use a blender and you get a VERY creamy shake
  • BC02
    BC02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try eating it with pineapple and make sure it is cold when you eat it. :smile:
  • Prestissima
    Prestissima Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add an egg, some green beans, a little parmesan and bake it :)
  • peterium
    peterium Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding it to stuff like vanilla yogurt? I usually get the totally tasteless dry curd so it's not yucky.
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I eat it with chocolate syrup, its dessert YUM! I also use it to make fruit smithies, it blends nice and mixes with fruit and ice. Best protien shake!
  • aprus5542
    Options
    Have you tried adding it to stuff like vanilla yogurt? I usually get the totally tasteless dry curd so it's not yucky.

I alwaya get plain greek yoghurt and the cottage cheese i get is always sort of moist i have no idea why