Ballet @ Home

Options
Anyone do ballet at their home for a workout?

If you do, do you start with barre or just do floor exercises? Do you use a DVD or just pretty much wing a class on your own?

TIA! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mayb92
    Options
    im just starting into the whole ballet at home thing and also looking into belly dancing but so far I just go on youtube and search for ballet workout, here's one you might enjoy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMO3S550XOI&feature=related
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Anyone do ballet at their home for a workout?

If you do, do you start with barre or just do floor exercises? Do you use a DVD or just pretty much wing a class on your own?

TIA! :flowerforyou:
    I started with Mary Helen Bowers Ballet Beautiful. It's fun and light to start.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    I brought the New York City Ballet Company ballet DVD and I do it every so often. It works my back and shoulders great. Plus it's just fun to dance around my living room like I'm a real ballerina on stage. LOL.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I brought the New York City Ballet Company ballet DVD and I do it every so often. It works my back and shoulders great. Plus it's just fun to dance around my living room like I'm a real ballerina on stage. LOL.

The thing I've found about the DVD's at home is that I eventually get bored. I have to mix it up. I just got a couple more DVD's with mainly barre exercise and even a routine at the end, lol. Fun stuff!