Trader Joe Meals

Options
summergrl17
summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
OK - so I'm so excited. I made a fabulous dinner in 10 minutes using mostly Trader Joe products. Recipe to follow. The reason I'm so excited is because I've been trying to figure out how to stick with my diet plan without spending hours in the kitchen - especially after a long day at the job. I've just been discovering how much ready made, delicious food is available at TJ's - mostly because of a topic about favorite TJ foods I found on this sight. So if you've figured out some fast, easy to fix meals using primarily TJ products, please share!

Chicken Teriyaki Bowl - 240 calories
Trader Joes Just Chicken Teriyaki (1 cup) - already cooked
brown rice - already cooked (I used Birds Eye frozen brown rice because this is what I had but TJ's has cooked rice) .5 cup
frozen peas - 1/3 cup
Trader Joe's Bold and Smoky Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce - 1 tsp

Since the rice and peas were frozen, I microwaved them separately from the chicken which just needed to be heated. I threw it all in a bowl and added a little BBQ sauce. Not only was it fast, it was tasty and satisfied my hungry tummy. I was going to add a little bit of soy sauce until i saw the bbq sauce...that would have been good too I think.

Replies

• libellula56
    libellula56 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds Tasty, Thanks!
  • princessrtk
    Options
    Yum! I <3 TJ's!!!
  • NewMeAT33
    Options
    You have to try the TJ Indian frozen meals too! They are great! They have a few options but the Chicken Tikki Masala and rice is my fav. (They also have naan if you want to splurge!)