Any Vegetarians or Pescetarian's?

Options
i'm pretty much a pescetarian trying to transition into a vegetarian but it's somewhat kind of hard especially since i'm not much of a cook. I need some friends who pretty much have either the similar diet or just to add, I need to change up the food I eat but it's kind of hard especially since im in college..any advice?

Replies

• nikilovesaxl
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian :)

Feel free to add me.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    im a vegetarian...have been since i was 12. add me as a friend if you want.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and love to cook but keep it simple. Feel free to add me
  • Jester522
    Options
    Oh god. Another one lost to the sound.

My roommate (10 years vegetarian before waking up) and I just talked about this. Message me if you want the truth about vegetarian/vegan diets. I dont feel like starting another rampage with ignorance via MFP forum.
  • aront2
    aront2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    dont try to transition all together all at once. I still indulge in an occasional meat or fish. But I would recommend you look into some local vegan/vegetarian cuisine in your area. Check our Yelp on your smartphone, it will locate something near you. Start making your own salads, the more variety of veggies you add, the less you will put meat or dairy into them. Good luck
  • staceybiomed
    staceybiomed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian/pescetarian for the past 19 years...feel free to add me! I've been eating seafood for the past 10 years and it definitely makes life easier when it comes to eating out.
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i'm a pescetarian. feel free to add me, my food logs have been bland here lately but you might get some ideas :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Oh god. Another one lost to the sound.

My roommate (10 years vegetarian before waking up) and I just talked about this. Message me if you want the truth about vegetarian/vegan diets. I dont feel like starting another rampage with ignorance via MFP forum.

How bout just don't post at all, then?

I guarantee your "truth" is just as ignorant as anything you're fighting so hard against...

OP, I am vegetarian, but hardly ever log my food. Feel free to add me anyway.
  • Jester522
    Options

I guarantee your "truth" is just as ignorant as anything you're fighting so hard against...
    Because someone needs to represent the counter argument :)
  • mayb92
    Options
    it really does help when it comes to eating out , especially when the place is someplace like Olive garden where every dish has some type of meat in it.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

No, actually, you really don't. Anyone who's been a vegetarian for any length of time has heard it all before anyway, trust me.

Sorry to lash out at you specifically but I'm really tired of seeing negativity when it's completely uncalled for. All the OP is doing is looking for friends who can relate to her, and you choose to bash her lifestyle. Why is that necessary?
  • mayb92
    Options

haha, thanks for the "advice" but no thanks lol rather stick to this way, lost 36lbs with it if I dont stick to it until I reach my goal weight i'll go back to eating fast food and unhealthy crap.
  • kanak1989
    Options
    I have been vegetarian for whole my life :-) .. feel free to add me .
  • nikilovesaxl
    Options

haha, thanks for the "advice" but no thanks lol rather stick to this way, lost 36lbs with it if I dont stick to it until I reach my goal weight i'll go back to eating fast food and unhealthy crap.

I lost 25 pounds alone by not eating meat :smile:

And I don't contribute to the slaughter of animals. :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Best decision I ever made.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I did vegetarian/pescetarian for the month of August and learned a lot about myself as well as more healthy options. I'd suggest considering getting into cooking more. You don't have to jump into hard stuff but simple dishes involving roasting, baking, steaming, and sauting are good starts. Also, look into vegan and vegetarian books. They help a lot. As you learn simple recipes, you'll notice a trend in ingredients used. That will help you get more comfortable with trying new things.

I didn't decide to become a vegetarian or pescetarian (partially because seafood is expensive where I currently live) but I did decide to limit how much meat I eat each week. If you're cool with an 80% Vegetarian, feel free to add me. I cook a lot :)
  • mayb92
    Options
    I did vegetarian/pescetarian for the month of August and learned a lot about myself as well as more healthy options. I'd suggest considering getting into cooking more. You don't have to jump into hard stuff but simple dishes involving roasting, baking, steaming, and sauting are good starts. Also, look into vegan and vegetarian books. They help a lot. As you learn simple recipes, you'll notice a trend in ingredients used. That will help you get more comfortable with trying new things.

I didn't decide to become a vegetarian or pescetarian (partially because seafood is expensive where I currently live) but I did decide to limit how much meat I eat each week. If you're cool with an 80% Vegetarian, feel free to add me. I cook a lot :)

thanks :) I'm actually one of those people who cant draw a straight line even with a ruler kind of like cooking even with a cookbook i suck lol :( and thought about going 80% vegetarian but i knew i'd continue to eat fast food and unhealthy fatty meats :(
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian but I don't eat a lot of meat. Meat creeps me out. I can't touch it when it is raw, and when I cook it it MUST be nearly burnt before I can even consider it. Here is a link to some really easy veggie recipes:
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/easy-vegetarian-recipes-00000000037312/page6.html

I also suggest lots of lentils. I love them. I found a recipe for lentil tacos on pinterest the other day. It looked awesome! and you can sprout the lentils and put them on sandwiches and such.

Just saw that cooking generally isn't your highest priority :). Sandwiches and wraps are pretty great options. Here is the link to my food board. Lots of veggie options on there :)
    https://pinterest.com/amandarashell/mmmmm-yummy/
  • mayb92
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian but I don't eat a lot of meat. Meat creeps me out. I can't touch it when it is raw, and when I cook it it MUST be nearly burnt before I can even consider it. Here is a link to some really easy veggie recipes:
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/easy-vegetarian-recipes-00000000037312/page6.html

I also suggest lots of lentils. I love them. I found a recipe for lentil tacos on pinterest the other day. It looked awesome! and you can sprout the lentils and put them on sandwiches and such.

Just saw that cooking generally isn't your highest priority :). Sandwiches and wraps are pretty great options. Here is the link to my food board. Lots of veggie options on there :)
    https://pinterest.com/amandarashell/mmmmm-yummy/

Thanks for the website :) the stuff really does look pretty simple enough for me :)
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options

thanks :) I'm actually one of those people who cant draw a straight line even with a ruler kind of like cooking even with a cookbook i suck lol :( and thought about going 80% vegetarian but i knew i'd continue to eat fast food and unhealthy fatty meats :(

You're probably trying recipes that are too complex (not saying you can't do it) but just like everything else, you have to start somewhere. Even people like me who cook all the time mess things up. I have "rice issues", always have, so does my mom. We are both great cooks but we mess up rice ALL. THE. TIME! I'll add you so I don't forget your name but I use Pinterest to plan all my meals, I'll look at some of my recipes and maybe send you the ones I think are good starter meals. Cooking at home alone helps you avoid the fatty food trap!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm veggie. I keep mostly to the basics like roasted and steamed veggies. You can check out my diary and see what's in there. Add me too. :)