Leftover whole chicken

Options
anything interesting to do with my leftover chicken?

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    chicken salad....chicken soup....stir fry veggies and add cooked chicken....

Darn, now I am hungry for chicken!!!:laugh:
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    Shred, mix with salsa and/or black beans, add some low fat shredded cheese and a low calorie tortilla shell - and voila....quesadilla or burrito!
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    Oh - another favorite is to mix it with 1 pack of ramen noodles (un-cooked and broken into bits), 1 pack of broccoli slaw, and the seasoning packet mixed with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar and a little olive oil. Yum!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    The ramen sounds great, but NOT the seasoning packet. There is a BOATLOAD of sodium in there. I use about 1/8 1/4 of the seasoning packet to keep that under control.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I mix it with bbq sauce and have a sandwich! MMMM
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was recently told that those ramen noodles are deep fried before they are packaged... anyone know if this is true or not?
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm boring....shred and throw it on a salad.
  • quinnybear
    Options
    I was recently told that those ramen noodles are deep fried before they are packaged... anyone know if this is true or not?

true.

thats why the fat content is so high (about 12 g) for nothing but noodles and a salty flavor packet
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Throw the left over chicken in a crock pot and fill it with water. Cook it on high all day until it falls off the bone. Put it in the fridge over night and skim the fat off the next day, Debone it, cut it up, add some chicken broth, frozen or canned veggies, noodles (or quick cook barley or rice), etc boil it in a regular pot for 10-15 minutes and you have home made soup. I did it last weekend and my family loved it.