Helloooooo! Anyone else in the same boat??

Options
Hi,

Wondering if there is anyone else out there suffering the same problems as me - it would be really nice to find out that I'm not the only one!!

54 years old, with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 70lbs to lose - and going through a menopause that would stop an elephant in it's tracks!

Currently living in the Middle East, so you can imagine that being overweight and suffering from hot flashes is just a bundle of joy............... If there was an Olympic category for sweating I'd be a shoo in. Walking up a flight of stairs involves a change of teeshirt.

I'm fairly fit given age and weight; work out most days and watch my diet, but unfortunately finding it extremely difficult to shed any weight. I know that the elements are against me:- age, thyroid and menopause medication all make for very slow weight loss - but mine is non-existent! I'm a lot fitter, and lost a few inches, but the 7 or 8lbs I've managed to lose this year is not cutting any ice with my doc. I have a family history of heart disease so he wants the weight off - as I do! At this rate I might get to my target weight just in time to collect my pension.

So if anyone out there is in a similar situation, or can offer some help or advice, or even just doesn't mind a good moaning session - it would be great to hear from you!!

Replies

• Vicstar1977
    Options
    Feel free to add me, not going through menopause but the trying to lose weight thing :-)