I am astounded by my body.

Options
I had no idea what my body was capable of. I am twenty two years old and I weight 335 pounds. I haven't ever exercised regularly and for the past year I've been sedentary a lot of the time. I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago. When I started working out I just started by walking. Twenty to thirty minutes every other day. Then, I bought some five pound weights and began to train with those and then I incorporated yoga into the mix.
I just didn't know I would be able to handle all of this. If you would have asked me if I liked exercise three weeks ago I would have said, HELL NO. But I do. I love the feeling it gives me when I'm done. I'm happier and I feel more alive.
I can't wait until I have built up enough endurance to jog a mile and then two and so on.

I'm proud of myself.

Replies

• swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You should be proud- what a great start! Good luck!
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    awesome stuff!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    That is fantastic- you should be proud of yourself. Well done!
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! Keep it up :)
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant and what motivation to continue !
  • ConnorLynne65
    ConnorLynne65 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yep that sure sounds like a NSV (non scale victory) congrats and thank you for sharing. Reminded me of how great I feel after my work outs and how much I DO NOT miss the old lazy sluggish me that didn't engage in activities that involve sweat. Keep it up!!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I'm happier and I feel more alive.

I'm proud of myself.

Best things ever :)

Congratulations!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, take one day at a time you can't change the past and the future isn't here so live in the day and enjoy the exercise, you can do it. Have a great day
  • kat191
    Options
    I am exactly the same I used to hate the thought of excersie and now I am excited to get up in the morning and go to the gym or for a run by the river!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    NSV!!!! for you!!! awesome! im happy for you!!
    ive always enjoyed exercisin.. but since mfp 8wks ago i have exercised much much more/often /harder and all of it...
    i also purchased a HRM and that motivates me even more!!! walks/zumba/body pump.. exercise is like a natural anti-depressant!!! endorphin high is awesome....
    gr8 job on getting hand weights too!!!
    :drinker:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Very cool!!! I completely understand how you feel!! Exercise used to be like TORTURE to me! Suddenly, I'm LOVING it!!! :bigsmile:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    that's the way greatness starts. keep at it, and you will amaze yourself everyday :)
  • DewAddict
    Options
    Keep kicking butt!! I have been up and down all my life. I know exactly how you feel!! When I see the results, it really pumps me up and it sounds like it does the same for you!! Congrats!!
  • elizgomez
    elizgomez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Keep going!!!!
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are awesome girl! Keep it up!

It's definitely a good feeling to set goals for yourself and reach them. It makes me happy to read this kind of post.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Such good things to hear! :heart: :heart:
  • hippichickiniki
    Options
    That is awesome! I don't even know you and I'm so proud! Good job!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Now this is an awesome post! Happy for you :) I have a niece who desperately needs to lose weight... I wish she could experience what you have already. Congrats! And keep up the great work...
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Nice! I also used to think I hated exercise, but now I love it and exercise daily!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!