Hey!!!!

Options
Hey, Ash here!

I want to loose 40 pounds by the beginning of February. I'm currently 160. I want to try and reach 140 by Christmas/New Years. I read an article claiming it IS possible to loose ten pounds a week, its just hard to keep off. Any suggestions on diet, exercise? I intend to do 60 min. of cardio a day as well as basic weight training, and eat only small snacks throughout the day, but have a good breakfast to keep up strength.

Replies

• Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Not healthy at all, and I doubt you can acheive it
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can lose 10 lbs. a week for 2 weeks. It is not healthy for your body at all...even the people on Biggest Loser couldn't lose 10 lbs. a week and they are working out for 6 hours a day. How about just keeping to your 1200, exercising like you said, and seeing what happens? Most people lose a decent amount when they first start out, so you may surprise yourself. Your body will thank you if you do what MFP says instead of your current plan :happy:
  • ambercole
    Options
    There is no healthy way to lose that much weight in such a short period. It is recomended that you lose 1lb a week, 2 at the most. Yes there are ways to lose weight more quickly but they are all very unhealthy and the quicker you lose the weight the more likely it will come back and bring friends with it.