Stupid Subway!

Options
ARrrrrrhhghghghhh!!! ALL day I had been planning to get Subway for dinner, and I haven't had it in awhile, so I was pretty excited. Well I wasn't watching her make it after I asked for "just a little bit of yellow mustard" and when I sit down to eat it(on the other side of campus from Subway), I open my sub and it's COVERED in mayo!!! I'm sorry if I'm being dramatic, but I'm pretty upset! I scraped off what I could, but the banana peppers and pickles were all mayo-ey so I had to scrape them off too and my sub isn't the same :( I know to some people it might not be a big deal but seeing as I had been looking forward to it all day it just sucks. Sometimes when my food isn't exactly what I wanted/expected/planned on I let it throw me off for the day, but I'm not going to let this ruin my day!

Replies

• MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Oh, i would so take it back up to the counter and tell them to make it again. You should never take what you didn't order. Especialy with mayo all over it, ewwww!
  • thinkthin79
    Options
    I can totally understand!!! I hate when I ask for something "diet" or "fat free" but I can tell at the first taste of it that they gave me regular! Usually happens with salad dressing or fountain drinks for me.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    mmmm subway sounds good. I tend to get mine with oil and vinegar. So very good!! I am sorry they messed up. Next time you will have to be extra specific (I always have to ask for things about 3-4 times to get it right there so you are not alone) :flowerforyou:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I would call them and complain, since you were gone before you opened it. I often do that when fast food messes up my order, and I am on the go, and they usually give me some kind of a credit. But what a bummer when you are in a state of anticipation!
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girl.. I went to subway once and they did the same thing to me.. and I swear my sandwich was swimming in mayo...I took it back and had them make me another sandwich everytime I go to subway I make sure and watch what they are doing so there are no surprises.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    that would piss me off too!
    I always get oil and vinegar instead. I figure it saves on calories, and then no mayo infractions....lol
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Awww, that totally sucks! Your not being dramatic at all. When you are focused on health, foods become more sacred. If you have your heart set on a treat, especially a healthy one, and can be such a let down if you don't get it. Most people would just say screw it and eat the mayo. But you stayed focused on your health goals and sacrificed so that you could nourish your body. Even though you still nourished you body, it makes sense that you didn't enjoy it because it wasn't what you had been looking forward to.

Give yourself a pat on the back for staying aware and focused for your healths sake.
    :flowerforyou:
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I can relate, a few times at McDonalds I had ordered the grilled chicken wrap NO Sauce, and they had put it on anyway, even said no sauce on ticket, by that time Im gone and its to late, hate the extra calories were I could be using those calories on something better. :grumble:
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    That happens to me at Starbucks when I ask for no whipped cream :tongue:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,661 Member
    Options
    I'd be upset too. I'm a really picky eater, so I'm used to my orders being messed up. I always double-check before I leave to make sure my take-out is done the way I ordered it. Sorry your food got messed up.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Hahaha! I'm sorry-- but, you sound so much like me.

I'm so picky about my food it's ridiculous. I had subway today too. I got tired of them putting the entire container of dressing on my sandwhich and decided to start telling them no dressing. That way, I can put my own mayo or mustard on-- and just the right amount.

That sucks.
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Subway far too much. They always drench my salad in Light Mayo even when I tell them just a little.

I also dislike when I ask for a small elsewhere and they hand me a medium instead. It takes a lot of strength to not eat the extra food and I usually don't have it.

Oh well.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I have a similar story. I used to be a cashier at home depot and they are all attached to harveys. I would end up eating a chicken burger pretty regularily. I'm not sure if the girl just hated me or something but she would always lecture me about the dangers of manonayse and would dump three spatulas of mayo on my burger. I would always try to stop her before she destroyed my burger but occasionally I was too late. One time her manager was walking by as she was ignoring my request for a small amount of light mayo, "like a teaspoon" was my usual phrase. The manager walks by and says "why are you putting on so mch mayo?" the girl says "Just look at her, she likes it like that. Don't you?" so I said "of course I don't like it like that. I've only been trying to stop you from destroying my food for the last month." She was fired. I was offered her job, because my contract with Home depot was up but I wanted far far away from everyone there.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean and it pisses you off to pay for something and get back to your destination to relax and eat it and find something wrong with it. The worst that has ever happened to me at subway was I asked for spicy mustard and the girl put honey mustard on it, talk about a shock...ugh!
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Oh man! I don't know how you kept your cool!

I always wondered if they do that on purpose-- when they squirt an entire bottle on your sandwhich. I mean, they know it's gross, don't they? Who really eats that much mustard? Uggh. Now my paranoia is confirmed haha!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am with you 100%. I try to remember to check before leaving the restaurant, but it is easy to be in a hurry, and I don't unwrap each thing in the sack to check it before I go.

My last bad experience was a coffee shop. I had decided to treat myself to a 20oz skinny latte ( still 170 calories) instead of just the plain black coffee I've been drinking since I started dieting the end of August. Drove off, got where I was going, and one sip told me it was whole milk. I felt so unhappy. Of course, I couldn't drink it, there was no way I could add that many more calories to my day. People who are not working this hard to change their lives through the small choices made daily cannot understand why it matters so much.
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    I love mayo, but I get light, I would have taken it back!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    This wasn't at subway but same things happen.

I was at Tim Hortons, and thought I would order a breakfast sandwich, Egg, sausage, on everything bagel toasted with tomatoe, no butter.
    I had to repeat it and told her, the exact same thing, Egg, sausage on everything bagel, toasted with tomatoe NO butter.

My order has been screwed up before, so I checked it before I left the premises.
    Everything bagel, toasted WITH butter, and egg and tomato on it. I was pissed when I went back in, got my order done right and didn't pay the extra. When I went back into the store to complain I made sure to tell them that I had repeated my order twice, and repeated it a THIRD time to the cashier, the exact same way.

An order that will always make me check from now on. Not sure how many people know what a Trinidadian Roti is.
    If you don' tknow, it's basically a wrap with curry chicken/beef in it with potatoes. I ordered a chicken one, went home opened it up, to prepare for a nice meal, took one bite, and the lady put in rice instead of potatoes.

That's just wrong. It's like having rice with your breakfast when you were expecting potatoes.

At subway I always make sure and watch them.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    I take all the condiments on the side now, that i way I got ultimate controle on my mayonnaise intake :wink: :wink:
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just ask for lite mayo, but to be honest I never watch them put it on - too busy catching flies in my mouth and daydreaming!

I think if this happened to me, I would be straight back demanding a refund and another sandwich! ;)