Walking with a buggy/stroller - please help!

Options
I haven't exercised in a long time, so I figured I would start slow and go walking.

I walk fairly fast, and push my baby in his buggy. How do I log that as exercise? I can't seem to find an option for walking at a moderate speed whilst pushing a buggy. My baby is 10 months old, and it's a big buggy so I'm sure pushing it must expend more calories than just walking, particularly as there are a lot of hills around here to push it up!

Any advice?
Thanks.

Replies

• TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    there is one but as far as I can tell it assumes a walking speed of about2- 2.5mph. I log it just as walking at whatever speed I did.
  • Heather23NZ
    Heather23NZ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Look up 'pushing or pulling stroller with child'
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If the walk is long enough I would just log the walk and then know in your mind you are underestimating which is only ever a good thing :)
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    I haven't exercised in a long time, so I figured I would start slow and go walking.

I walk fairly fast, and push my baby in his buggy. How do I log that as exercise? I can't seem to find an option for walking at a moderate speed whilst pushing a buggy. My baby is 10 months old, and it's a big buggy so I'm sure pushing it must expend more calories than just walking, particularly as there are a lot of hills around here to push it up!

Any advice?
    Thanks.

Calories burned with Pushing or Pulling Stroller With Child or Walking With Children 374 calories per hour

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-burned-pushing-pulling-stroller-child-a486
  • charitas32
    Options
    What the man above said, I just log the speed and figure the underestimate balances out with the other overestimates
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Look up 'pushing or pulling stroller with child'

I did, but it's less than of a burn than walking at a brisk pace
  • jaimeteague
    Options
    If the walk is long enough I would just log the walk and then know in your mind you are underestimating which is only ever a good thing :)

That's true, it would be nice to feel that I had a bit in reserve!
  • jaimeteague
    Options

Any advice?
    Thanks.

Calories burned with Pushing or Pulling Stroller With Child or Walking With Children 374 calories per hour

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-burned-pushing-pulling-stroller-child-a486

That's great. Thank you