Hello from Lancashire - England

Hello every one, I am Dave aged 59 from Lancashire in the North West of England. I have been on the site for a week, it was recommended to me by my Doctor and I think it is great. I took early retirement from my job as a production manager on June 1st and a few days later had a heart attack. Obviously I have had to re-think my lifestyle and focus on sensible eating and exercise. Since then I have lost 55lb and have another 60 - 70 to go before I will be happy with my size. I walk every day (I am not a jogger) averaging 5 miles a day and attend weekly aerobics at a local gym. My interests are motor sports, geocaching, and ballroom/latin dancing. I am looking forward to a long stay on MFP.

Best regards

Dave

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Welcome....this is a great site with many wonderful and supportive people. Feel free to add me if you would like
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Welcome abroad Dave, I am from the Uk, add me if you want, all the best on your journey:bigsmile:
  • JessFromEngland
    JessFromEngland Posts: 30 Member
    Welcome Dave.
    Sounds like you are going fantastically well - I hope that MFP will aid you and motivate you.
    Good Luck!
  • mr_tyrone35
    mr_tyrone35 Posts: 18 Member
    Good luck on your weight loss!
  • daveinlancs
    daveinlancs Posts: 164 Member
    Thanks for the welcome guys, I am gonna like it here.