HRM help, please

Options
Hiya, im thinking of getting a HRM, well actually i have one of my husbands i can use until i get my own lol...but was wondering, do people use them just for every day activity as a guide to see how many cals you burn when doing your everyday things, not just when exercising !??! i thought it may give a better base line of how many cals to consume etc....sorry if this is a dopey question, im new to these things :)

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I use mine to track my Zumba exercise levels. I use a Fitbit to track my exercise during the day.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have both a HRM and Fitbit.

The HRM is a Polar FT4 which I got very cheaply off eBay and I use to track all defined cardio workouts, by that I mean my Jujitsu and Tae Kwon Do classes, or any exercise DVDs I may do, like 30 Day Shred, Tae-bo etc

The Fitbit is for everything else - walking predominantly (check out the Fitbit users group for more info http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users)
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    lovely, thank you for your replies, i shall have a look at the group, thanks...am looking ta the Polar ranges too, theres so many !!! lol...was liking the look of the FT40 (i think lol) but if the cheaper ones do just the same job, then i may opt for one of those, just liked the white one to be honest lol.....
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    Just ordered the Polar FT4 and it shipped yesterday! Yay me! Good luck!
  • susiebear29
    Options
    Iv got the polar FT4 (pink one :happy: ) and I :heart: it!!!! very good investment and soooo easy to use!! good luck with whichever one you decide on!! :smile: :smile:
  • Maggie821
    Maggie821 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use my Bodyfit/Bodybugg device all day long - but do use my HRM for runs and other fitness activity!
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    fab thanks :smile: will check out the FT4's then..its all a bit confusing to start with lol...or is it just me !?!?!? :laugh:

will definitely check out the fitbug things, are those the ones where you subscribe for the online service ??
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have sports tracker hrm and only use it when doing my workouts and I dont think I would like to ware it all day I might try it for one day but no more than that