Muscle is not heavier than fat!

Options

Replies

• foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    BURN THE WITCH!.....she's not a witch..........BURN HER ANYWAY!!!!
  • DJTJ34
    Options
    Why do people always say on here that muscle is heavier than fat?

1lb of fat weighs 1lb.

1lb of muscle weighs.. guess what ... 1lb!!

1lb of anything always weighs the same!!!111!1

Hope this helps lol

why does one gallon of muscle weigh more then one gallon of fat?
    why does one quart of muscle weigh more then one quart of fat?
    why does one liter of muscle weigh more then one liter of fat?
    why does one cubic inch of muscle weigh more then one cubic inch of fat?

compare weights for equal VOLUME and muscle weighs more then fat.

this makes more sense then your skewed logic anyway.. when I say Milk is heavier then gasoline, do you not first compare them for the same volume?

when I say steel is heavier then wood , do you not compare them with identical size blocks? You wouldnt argue with me because the small steel bar in your hand weighs less then a 12' long 4x4.. you could easily see the volume diff.

Learn the difference between THEN AND THAN!

Im in the south. you be happy i aint sayin sumptin y'all aint able two reed, awrite?

Bless your heart.

im in the south also...thank you for blessing my heart! that was nice of you!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    but my pound does not weigh a pound as I'm from the UK. I would like a lb of £'s..

Your pound weighs a stone.

I wish I had a stone of £ but that is 14lbs

I know. :-) I was just trying to be funny.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    But what if it's 2 pounds?? :tongue:

LOL :drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    In my 620 some days here, I only "met" ONE person who actually believed that one pound of something could weight more than one pound of something else.

The rest of the population is just saving time by omitting the phrase "by volume" from the phrase. Please stop treating everyone as if they're as stupid as that one person. Please? Pretty please???

On the other hand, I would like to abolish the notion that a fluctuation on the scale after a week of exercise is "turning fat into muscle."
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    This might be more accurate

get-fit-710-1.jpg

Yes but grapefruit helps you burn fat so keep eating that grapefruit. Tangerines have too many seeds. But you burn calories spitting them out so it probably doesn't matter which you eat as they both stave of scurvy. Limes also fight off scurvy. Maybe that's why Limey is a disparaging term for the english since they live on an island. Speaking of Islands, if all the people in the Dharma initiative were killed off by Ben Linus why was food being perodically dropped onto the island on lost. Speaking of lost, I seem to have lost my train of thought...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    :noway:

THANKS FOR THE LOGIC 9 million before you have made the same post.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I suppose it would clear things up if we all said "Muscle is denser than fat". But then we'd have the people who say "What's 'dense' mean?"

...sounds like you may be one of them. :huh:

Haha that's pretty dense...;)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Jesus H Christ in a fkn handbasket! Is today Resurrect Useless Old Thread Topics Friday?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    deadhorse.jpg
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I suppose it would clear things up if we all said "Muscle is denser than fat". But then we'd have the people who say "What's 'dense' mean?"

...sounds like you may be one of them. :huh:

Lol! Took the words out of my mouth!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    of course a pound is equal to a pound! But a 1 square cube of fat and a 1 square cube of muscle do not weigh the same.

when people say lead is heavier than feathers, they do not mean "1 pound" of lead is more than "1 pound of feathers".. how silly to think that! they mean 'per equivalent size'. same as when people say fat weighs less than muscle,

Unless they are telling the joke: "Which weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?"
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    deadhorse.jpg

This pretty much nails this one one the head.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    /start rant

Well then, nothing weighs more than anything else. Since a pound is a pound is a pound, everything weighs exactly the same. Steel weighs the same as feathers.

Which is generally considered nonsense. Yes, a pound is a pound. But if you take a cubic inch of muscle and a cubic inch of fat and compare them, guess what. THE MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE *gasp*

Yes, it would be more precise to say that muscle is denser than fat. Yes, it would be clearer to say that, if you have the same measurements but it's muscle rather than fat, you will weigh more. Yes, it would be more accurate to say that if you weigh the same but your clothes fit better, you may have more muscle and less fat and so take up less space while weighing the same. Because, volume for volume, muscle weighs more.

Really, everybody is arguing about VERBIAGE. Word choice. Sophistry.

/end rant
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Why do people always say on here that muscle is heavier than fat?

1lb of fat weighs 1lb.

1lb of muscle weighs.. guess what ... 1lb!!

1lb of anything always weighs the same!!!111!1

Hope this helps lol

This again? Instead of comparing weight measurements based on weight try volume......which weighs more? One cubic foot of fat or one cubic foot of muscle?
  • Namwnguyen
    Options
    I guess muscle is heavier per cubic inch but that is misleading since each pound of muscle gives a person the appearance of being much heavier than one pound of fat does. That's why shredded people are usually very much lighter than they look. I'm at a fairly muscular 9.5% body fat and most people guess my weight as 160 lbs but it's actually 135.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh my god! Thank you for clearing that up. Since a pound of me is equal to a pound of feathers, that means I only weigh as much as feathers so I don't need to be on this website after all. Whew! I feel better now.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I guess muscle is heavier per cubic inch but that is misleading since each pound of muscle gives a person the appearance of being much heavier than one pound of fat does. That's why shredded people are usually very much lighter than they look. I'm at a fairly muscular 9.5% body fat and most people guess my weight as 160 lbs but it's actually 135.

Did I wander into opposite land?
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS THIS WONKA, SOME KIND OF FUNHOUSE?

Why, having fun? :smile: