Dexter

Options
Nickstery
Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
Anyone else watch this show and as shocked as I am about the season finale?

Replies

• MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I <3 Dexter! Haven't had a chance to see the season finale yet. Will be watching it in the next day or so.
  • amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love that show. Unfortunately, we don't have Showtime, or HBO, or whatever channel it's on. We just wait until the season comes out on DVD and buy it.

Now I really want to go read the spoiler, to see how it ended.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    I do and I have to say it's by far my favorite show on t.v. ever. I was a die hard Sopranos and Oz fan and never thought anything would top those. Dexter has.

Honestly, I was a little shocked at how it ended, but not really. I knew Rita would have to be written off so Dexter's character could go on. I was thinking they would write her off in a divorce or something along those lines. To see her go in that way was a bit of a wicked surprise.

I am anxious to see how Dexter will be next season-- he will definitely be more vengeful.

I think the writing on that show is great to say the least.
  • Nickstery
    Options
    I'm still in shock from it.. this season was sooo good! I loved it, but the end is heartbreaking.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,600 Member
    Options
    Just watched it this afernoon. (I fell asleep watching it last night.) I couldn't believe it!!! :noway:
  • Nickstery
    Options
    I would have to agree, I really enjoy this show.. I got into it late on the first season and have watched ever since.
  • MadWorld
    Options
    Did you know that it's based on novels?

We were looking at them last night on the internet. I think we're going to start reading them. I bet there's a lot of stuff in them that the show doesn't touch on.
  • Nickstery
    Options
    I read the first one Darkly Dreaming Dexter and it is good, its different in the sense that it is followed to a degree on the show. You'll see what I mean when you get to the end of the novel. I am currently requesting the other ones for gifts, so hopefully I can read them after that! :)

My fiance saw the ending with me and cried really hard for Harrison, she says she hates the stupid show now. I still want to try and get her into the show, she hasn't seen any of the other seasons.
  • MadWorld
    Options
    Oh, bless her heart! :( I know-- that was sad. Maybe she'll eventually get into it. There are some shows I absolutely will not watch with my husband either-- he's a huge star trek fan. I've tried, but I just can't go there. Haha.

I'll definitely have to read those novels now. My curiosity has been sparked even more. :)
  • Nickstery
    Options
    Yea I didn't think it was possible to get her to like Star Trek either, my dad was a huge fan, and we went and saw the new Star Trek movie and she was amazed. She said she loved it. I thought it went better then the older movies did.
  • jhb090107
    Options
    By far my favorite show on TV
  • MadWorld
    Options
    That was cool of her to go watch it w/you. I told mine that I would watch it with him-- someday. As in-- when I''m realllly bored and have nothing else to watch. Hehe! But, I did hear it was good. I'm gonna go watch Avatar with him for sure. That one looks awesome!

It's all about compromising. He went to watch Confessions of A Shopaholic w/me and that's sooo not a guy movie. Which, BTW, if ya'll haven't seen-- don't bother. It sucked big time. We walked out after the first 15 minutes (which is NOT like us at all).
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    yes, loved it! i was so nervous and anxious during that last few minutes because I knew something big had to be coming. I never liked Rita all that much, but it was sad that she was murdered. I sometimes get so tense during Dexter it's like I forget it's just a show. It's like the episode where he fell asleep and crashed and then couldn't find the person he just killed. I was so anxious, like what is he going to do? I had to relax and realize it wasn't real life, haha!
  • MadWorld
    Options
    OMG! I was sooo mad on that episode! I was screaming at him and my husband was laughing at me telling me to calm down. But, I was so mad bc that was so unlike Dexter to make a mistake like that! He'll definitely be back in the game next season. He's going to be darker I think. Can't wait.
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    yes, loved it! i was so nervous and anxious during that last few minutes because I knew something big had to be coming. I never liked Rita all that much, but it was sad that she was murdered. I sometimes get so tense during Dexter it's like I forget it's just a show. It's like the episode where he fell asleep and crashed and then couldn't find the person he just killed. I was so anxious, like what is he going to do? I had to relax and realize it wasn't real life, haha!

Watched it and am so sad!!!!

I've never been much of a Rita fan, either- but I never wanted something like that to happen! The writers are definitely looking to parallel Dexter and his kids. Like, Dexter was found in a pool of his mother's blood by his father (or the guy who was sleeping with his mother who later BECAME his father). Harrison goes through the same thing. 'Born in blood'... good foreshadowing. I feel SOOOOO bad for Cody and Astor, who have had both parents killed in just a couple years. :frown:
  • Nickstery
    Options
    I'm hoping that little Harrison is to young to remember this kind of horror.
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    I'm hoping that little Harrison is to young to remember this kind of horror.

I'm betting he is. Dexter was, what, three when his mother was killed?

I remember when I first started watching, my oldest was about that age. The thought of him being locked in there covered in his mother's blood.... wow. Totally broke my heart and had me in tears.
  • Nickstery
    Options
    Bump^

Who likes Dexter?