someone talk me off the ledge...

Options
I know I havent been at it long, maybe 3 weeks. Ive lost 8 lbs, and not a single inch in my stomach. How is that possibly?

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Quite possible you just don't lose from your tummy right away. Many people lose in different places first, some in the face, some hips, back, thighs. Unfortunately we can't pick where we want the fat to disappear first but if you can remember how it went on it will likely go off in reverse order.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the weight just comes off where it wants not, not where we would like it to. I know my fingers and face show weight loss the first, stomach hips and bum last!

Just keep with it, it will eventually shift. Are you doing exercise too?
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    8lb loss in 3 weeks is amazing. You can't predict where it will come from first but if you keep at it the tummy will go down. That is my problem area and I am starting to see a difference now, but the weight was coming from areas I didn't even think I needed to lose weight from lol
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Seriously dude...it took me 50 days to lose 8lbs doing everything right.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Don't panic! It sometimes takes the body a bit to adjust to the weight loss and see results. for me, I didn't notice any change at all until I was down about 20 lbs. Depending on how tall you are, and your build, that 8 lbs can be pretty spread out.

stick to it and you'll see results soon!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You'd be losing visceral fat first. You could carry a lot of that depending on your weight. Maybe 20lbs or more. That won't change your outward appearance very much.

You need to burn subcutaneous fat to change your actual body size. And that takes longer.
  • DREXENDELSANGRE
    DREXENDELSANGRE Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you doing exercise too?
    Doing 45mins to an hour of cardio 3-4 times a week in the AM.
  • DREXENDELSANGRE
    DREXENDELSANGRE Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Appreciating the feed back. My wife has told me the same stuff, but just wanted some more input. Im definitely not throwing in the towel.
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I always notice it in my chest first - can move the bra strap over one more notch, which personally makes ME happy.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have been working out for years and on MFP for 1 1/2 years. I am still battling a tiny stomach bulge only 10 lbs from my goal weight. Tummy fat is very hard and most of it is what your eating. You can work out all day long but you have to have a near perfect diet. I work out 6 days a week and eat very healthy but I indulge at night to much and so I battle on. Good luck.
  • asticoral
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake as well, plenty of the foods you are eating have a lot, eat way more veggies: brocoli, brussel sprouts, spinach, sweet potatoes
    Replace your sodas with plain tea (as in no added sugars) there are several good brands of single serve powder packets to add to bottled water

You probably didn't gain this weight over night...... its gonna take longer to shed it, no worries...just keep at it......... it WILL happen
    :D
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Stomachs always the last place to go for me. i'm at a pretty sexy weight, but me with my shirt of...I could stand to easily lose another 10-20lbs before I look how I'd wanna.

For now, looking healthy/fit in regular clothes is decent. But I gotta kick it up a notch and get stricter with everything if I want my stomach looking a lot flatter/leaner.

Good luck.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Lol, the fat will come off wherever it wants. I'm down 55 lbs and still the waistline has not yielded as much as i would like. Keep on trucking the results will come, I did lose 13 inches off the middle before it stopped so I can't really complain.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    There is a post from yesterday asking where people lost their weight first. and very few said tummy first.
    Fat will come off where it does when it does... just stick to what you are doing.
    8 lbs is a huge start.. it will slow down abit the closer you get to your goal, but just stay the course, and mix up your menu and your exercise when things seem to get stuck!!