Strange Phobias

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Cockroaches is not weird...I'm terrified of them. They're gross nasty bugs and hard to get rid of.

I'm terrified of people in costumes. Mascots...(hate going to sporting events for this reason) and I wouldn't be caught dead at Disney World.

If Mickey Mouse tried to hug me, I'd have to kidney punch him. No joke.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Wooden Bridges, Spiders, Clowns and anything that can sting me.

Clowns and Spiders...I hear you. I screamed like a little girl at work the other day because one was coming down from the ceiling behind me.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Shape-shifting, reptilian aliens from the illuminati. Those buggers scare the bejeezus out of me.
  • lrt1966
    Options
    It's not an actual phobia, but I detest mayonnaise to the point where I become nauseated if I watch someone eating it. I don't like to look at it, smell it, even handle the jar. Thankfully, my fiance doesn't like it either because I'm not sure I could kiss him if he ate it.

Someone else mentioned clowns. I've been creeped out by clowns as long as I can remember, but I may be on the verge of conquering this phobia. I recently went to work at a hospital for children and clowns are difficult to avoid. I've reached a point where I don't change my course to avoid them or shudder when I see them in the lobby. Baby steps.
  • sillab
    sillab Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My phobia is birds...of any kind, the scare the bejeezus out of me. My friends dad was scared to death of cotton balls!
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Styrofoam and cotton...blech!
  • TexanThom
    Options
    I have no phobias.....I do have a few irrational fears though.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am TERRIFIED of worms and lizards.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Peopple touching my elbow pits!!! AHHHHHHHHHH
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I can be a wimp in the car sometimes.. I'm scared of being in a accident.. Because I've been in two accidents. Afraid of airplanes too. But I would get on one, if it meant I was going on a REAL vacation.

I can't stand snakes.. And kind... They scare the crap out of me. I don't care if you have a nice pet snake.. Don't ask me to cuddle with it, or pet it....

I also eat killed animals.. And if I had to kill to eat meat, I would not eat meat. Except for fish.. I like to fish..

My husband is sooo afraid of spiders... Buts thats okay... I am a master spider catcher.. good thing he married me. :smile:
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Cockroaches is not weird...I'm terrified of them. They're gross nasty bugs and hard to get rid of.

I'm terrified of people in costumes. Mascots...(hate going to sporting events for this reason) and I wouldn't be caught dead at Disney World.

If Mickey Mouse tried to hug me, I'd have to kidney punch him. No joke.

I have the costume one as well.... and for me, it's specifically the kind that you can't see their faces. So at Disney World, I could talk to one of the Princesses - but if Mickey or something else came over, oh hell no. Apparently I've always had this fear, even when I was little. The only picture my family has of me with an Easter Bunny is my mom in the costume and she is showing me it's her in it. That's it. I hate those things and I don't know why.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of fears. Some are weird, some are common...heights, small spaces, elevators, escalators, driving, clowns and birds. I have issues... :grumble:
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Being tickled.

If someone tickles me, I start crying and fighting for my life. I absolutely HATE IT. The thought of being tickled freaks me out. It makes the hair stand up on my arms.
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Flying Insects... Mostly June Bugs(beetles) and Cicada the most.. Ill break my neck to get away from them and cry like a little *****.

Oh and grasshoppers... creepy *****es
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a phobia, but I have this problem where I can't leave my desk at work without my car keys. I have this thing where I want to be prepared in case of some disaster, if I can make it to my car I want to be able to drive it! Can't be stuck without wheels! I've tried to leave them behind cause I know it's silly, I just can't bring myself to do it!!
  • mindirella
    Options
    I have a fear of not being able to take a shower and feel clean. I refuse to go more than 24 hours without a shower and I stockpile all shower products. I probably have five bottles of shampoo just waiting to be used.

I am the SAME WAY! I just feel so gross if I don't get a daily shower. Anytime I go camping - there has to be a shower facility at the campground.

My dad is the same too - he used to get up early and DRIVE HOME every morning from camping to get a shower.... lol

I also REALLY REALLY can't stand to eat things off the bone - like chicken.....but am also the same with corn on the cob. I LOVE corn on the cob - but have to cut it OFF the cob..... lol

I don't like heights - and I am TERRIFIED of flying. I break into tears and hyperventilate.....

I also do not like to be on boats and be able to see the ground below the water when I know it is too deep to reach. I think I'm scared I'll see a dead body........
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I absolutely get freaked out about certain bugs like: Praying Mantis's, Grasshoppers & Stink bugs to name a few (shudder) :embarassed: they give me the willy's and for some reason they have been known to hitch a ride w/me while I'm driving so imagine my horror when I can't just jump out of my car to get away from em'.

This happened to me last night with the Stink Bug. I saw him in my peripheral veiw to my left. Thank goodness it was by the window but when I let it down I thought the wind was gon' blow it in my face so I slowed down while slightly leaning to my right (damn near in the passenger's seat) until I can to the traffic light. I asked my FH to hand me somthin' to hit it out of the window and ofcourse my 1st try I missed & the 2nd try I hit it awkwardly and it was gone...or so I thought...It was still climbing along the window but this time on the outer part but not enough for me to close the dang window. Finally the wind from driving blew him away.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Vomiting. I cry and literally beg God to kill me before I puke. I would rather have diarrhea until my butt explodes than throw up once!

Same here. I've thrown up twice in my life.

Pray that you NEVER get really bad food poisoning. It comes out of both ends. At the same time. Awful, awful stuff.
  • Kateluvsall
    Options
    Welp im almost 24 years old and im terrified of being home alone and of the dark, my fiance gets made at me because im always leaving lights on everywhere
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of flying objects (mostly sports balls). I got hit in the head/face with every ball imaginable in gym when I was a kid...basketball, volleyball, baseball, badminton shuttle, soccer ball, etc. I avoid watching live sports because the ball might possibly hit me. When kids play hockey on the street I avoid them and even when people were playing egg toss at my hubby's staff picnic one year, I sat on the picnic table behind the BBQ so I wouldn't get hit. It's embarrassing...