Looking for encouragement...not motivated!

Options
I still see a fat person and I have been very disciplined about diet and exercise but I am wondering why I am sacrificing the foods that I love and working out daily just to still be fat. I just finished Turbo Jam and am planning to start TurboFire on Monday Sept. 10th. I was excited about it when I bought it but now I am afraid that I cant do it physically. And what is the use in doing it if I wont look any better than I did before. I do feel better than I did 2 months ago and I do have more strength and stamina but I just dont see a physical change. Please be honest and give your opinion, I need a kick in the a** and reason to keep going!

Starting weight 255
Goal weight 160
0711.jpg
082612.jpg
CayandMeherwedding-1.jpg
092012.jpg

These are after Turbo Jam
090712.jpg
100_1878.jpg

Replies

• KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I also struggled with this for a long time myself, I know how heartbreaking it can be. Look at your stomach! Look at your chin!! You can definitely tell that you have lost weight. Your diary is private so what kinds of foods are you eating? Are you eating plain things that you don't really like? Each person is different, but I personally still eat what I want, just in moderation. You have to incorporate some foods that you love. If I want a muffin for breakfast, then I make sure my lunch and snacks are good choices for example. For a long time, I still felt the same size when i looked in the mirror, but I know it's not true. My clothes are smaller sizes, the scale is lower. It helped when I started noticing the small things I was able to do once some weight came off and my endurance built up. Like running around the park with my son, or bending over and my stomach not being as much in the way.

Keep it up. It's long, it's hard, but it's worth it. As more pounds and inches come off, you will start to feel a difference in your body. How your hips or knees don't hurt any more, or how you can run up the stairs. You will notice your tastes change. Most importantly, find a way to enjoy this. Enjoy the foods you are eating, and enjoy being active.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    How are you determining that you are not improving? Weight? Are you doing measurements? ....because you look smaller...
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Well I can totally see a difference looking at those pictures. You have lost a lot of weight, and maybe that does't show on the scale because your body is changing. But you said it yourself that you feel better physically. How about clothes sizes? Has that gone down? I know it can be hard, I have lost and gained back the same 4 lbs. for about 3 months now. At first I was super discouraged but then I realized little things like my nails are breaking less and I don't take OTC back and body pills for back pains anymore.
    It will always be a struggle but remember why you started in the first place. Keep at it and try something new. Your body could be getting used to what you are doing. Try increasing your calories, since you are working out your body might need more nourishment. Try changing your workout to something new. Give your body a shock.
    And maybe give yourself a treat of a food you love. Like if you lose X lbs. this mouth you get dinner out. Don't deprive yourself of everything you enjoy.
    Good Luck & feel free to add me as a friend if you would like, encouragement is an incredible push to stay on course.
  • xxpipsxx
    xxpipsxx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a big change in those pictures, but I can understand it is a lot harder to see progress when you are looking at yourself, I've had a similar experience where my friends said they can see a difference but I can't see anything. Your waist and face especially look like they have shread weight but I think you do look all over slimmer. I think the hardest part of losing weight is accepting that is not going to happen in a couple of months, it's gonna take a year or more. My big progress was after giving up on mfp the first time, then coming back to it when at a major low, and realising that if I had stuck with it I would be about to reach my goal weight then. It seems like such a long time but when I was actually there and looking back I was so angry at myself because it didn't seem that long and I knew I could have done it. I am now determined not to give up and let that amount of time pass again, we just have to accept that this is the only healthy way to do it and get on with it :) if you are really struggling with not being able to eat your favourite foods then maybe you could increase your intake a little, weight lose is still weight lose so maybe you could take a slower approach where you won't even realise you are doing it. My approach is just to cut portion size but I still pretty much eat what I want, I'll still have a scoop of icecream or a piece of chocolate, all food is good in moderation, I've finally learned I don't have to eat rabbit food to lose weight. And if I am really craving a massive chocolate cake with icecream and calories galore I will just hit the gym and make the calories for it, but believe me I will have it :D
  • tamicaron
    Options
    I can see a lot difference in those pictures you definitely lost weight. Your body is changing and takes a while for the skin "shrinks", about 6 months without cirurgy depending on your age and elasticity of your skin, but numbers don't lie the scale is probably coming down.
    Give yourself sometime in front of the mirror and instead of visualizing your old self try to see the new you. Your brain is still with the old memory.
    Want a tip? Meet someone that you haven't see in a long time, they will notice how much weight you lost since they have another picture of you. Compliments from friends and family always motivate us :)
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    You definitely look smaller - especially in your face. Keep it up - maybe you can't do all the exercised in the video the first time through, but do what you can.

Also, you don't have to cut out all the foods you love, just eat smaller portions and plan ahead so that if they are higher in calories, you don't eat as many calories for other meals.

You are making progress :)
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss shows a lot! Don't be discouraged. Have you gotten any new clothes? Thriftstores are great, or your old stuff in the back of the closet that hasn't fit in awhile. Enjoy a special meal out, then be ready to get back into it. Focus on one day at a time. I know it's tough, but your efforts are paying off. The pictures show it. Great work so far! :flowerforyou:
  • codycisco
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the comments and compliments. I havent bought any new clothes yet because I hate to spend the money knowing that I will have to buy more later. My clothes are really loose, like hanging off of me. Today I went to use the restroom and didnt realize until I was tightening my belt that I didnt unbutton or unzip my jeans, I just pulled them down!

I havent gained any back since I started this journey and I have lost a total of 17 inches all over but when I look at myself I am still not satsified with my image. I am not going to give up and quit, that is how I got this big to begin with! I will do TurboFire if I have to take 20 breaks the first day, and the second and the third day!

One of the things that I really noticed is that I can sleep! I used to have trouble breathing while laying down and I would wake up at night gasping but now I dont feel like I am suffocating!

You all have helped renew my drive to finish this journey! I know that I may become discouraged again but I know where to come when I need more help. Thank each of you very much!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!