Identity theft???

Options
CountryBoy65
CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
So, I had to go to Vegas a couple weeks back for a conference for work......but when I arrived at the hotel, the lady behind the desk could not find my reservations. Apparently the admin at work had booked it wrong, or whatever...but there was no record of my reservation number, my name, or my company name on file.....and the place was booked. We had meetings coming up in a couple of hours, and I was really stuck and in a panic. Luckily, a couple of young ladies who had checked in before me heard me talking to the clerk....and came up and offered to let me stay with them in their room for the night if I would pay half of the bill. Relieved, I said "sure" and gave them cash for half and they gave me a key. I went up and left my stuff in the room, and went on to the conference. This was on a Tuesday morning......WEll, that night, after the conference, I saw the two gals in the hotel bar...and they invited me to go to dinner with them.....so we did....they were nice, pleasant, and interesting, and the conversation was great. WE went back to the hotel and stopped off in the bar for drinks....and honest to God I don't have any idea what happened after that. I woke up Thursday around noon in the hotel room bed, alone, naked, with the curtains closed and the TV on. Everything I owned was gone.....wallet, credit cards, suitcase, clothes...everything. It took me all day to call the bank and the cc companies and get stop payments put on everything and try to get a locator on my stuff. It has been a nightmare....and I just can't figure out what might have happened. Worst of it all, I had my Golds Membership card in my wallet.....and according to the records at the gym, someone has been coming in the last two weeks using my card.....and actually doing strength stuff, lifting and **** rather than just doing cardio. Its terrible. What should I do?

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    First, check to see if you have all your internal organs - if they took your stuff, they may have taken a kidney too.
    Secondly, women don't lift heavy things at the gym - that's just stupid - they must have sold your membership to a huge bulky dude. That's the only thing that makes sense.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    did you get their names?
    i think you banged them dude! hope you got their numbers so you can do it again!

nice job, lady slayer!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your text messages?
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    you mean you can do things other than cardio at the gym? I've been doing it all wrong! *kicks rocks*
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    oh wow
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Why would you share a room with two random strangers in Vegas?

Putting that aside, if your gym has a way to track when people come in, use it. Look at what times it's been used and see if you can I.D. them and catch them in the act.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I think I saw the same movie.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I just read this same story about 3 weeks ago on the Internet Message boards with identity theft

Let me get this straight, you just met 2 girls and within 2 minutes they allowed you to sleep with them in their hotel room?

and this their is now going to your gym using your membership card...........????

Hmm, something doesn't add up here..............
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Yup...sure....and your gym tracks your workouts too
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Sounds like roofies to me.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I just read this same story about 3 weeks ago on the Internet Message boards with identity theft

Let me get this straight, you just met 2 girls and within 2 minutes they allowed you to sleep with them in their hotel room?

and this their is now going to your gym using your membership card...........????

Hmm, something doesn't add up here..............

WE did not say anything about SLEEPING TOGETHER...just sharing the room. It was a suite...and they just said they could sleep in one room and I could have the other. Save us both some cha-ching. Win-Win situation, right?
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    Check who booked the room with you, they might have payed credit.
  • KaraJ22
    Options
    Sell your story to a movie producer..jk

In all seriousness, sign up for Equifax Credit Watch. It's a one year subscription that allows you to lock your credit, meaning no one can apply for new credit under your name, as well as send you alerts if any of you credit balances increase by a certain amount that you can set. I had my identity stolen before, were someone was applying for new credit using my personal information and this monitoring system has really helped and brought peace of mind. Good luck with your recovery.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    jimmy, don't sweat it man...
    you need to google how to steal someone ELSE's identity, that will even it out.
    just make sure the gym they belong to is close to you.
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Getting yourself checked out by a doc for STDs might be a good idea too (says the nurse lol). All joking aside, if they did this to you it's probably not their first rodeo...how many other men have they done this to. YIKES!
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Everything I owned was gone.....wallet, credit cards, suitcase, clothes...everything. It took me all day to call the bank and the cc companies and get stop payments put on everything and try to get a locator on my stuff. It has been a nightmare[...]
    Worst of it all, I had my Golds Membership card in my wallet

made me lol

Still waiting for the rick roll.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Someone please steal my identity and pay my debts.......
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Sit at Gold's Gym for the next 71 hours straight till the membership swiper shows her or maybe HIS:huh: face...
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Get the police to check gym cctv on the dates and times of the visits using your card.
    Ask them to check with the hotel who had that room booked those days.
    Leave them to find them, then get friendly with someone in the police, get their address and ... well, have a ball.

I had my identity 'stolen' although online, not like that. And I found the address of who did it as they were ordering stuff online, so when one of the companies called me about an unpaid bill, I asked them do double check the address....

Two nights later, my rugby team friends and I went over to say hi.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ummm...this sounds like a joke to me.