Anybody have 5 pounds to go? How hard is that to lose?

jrobertson37
jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
It took me forever to get break the 10lb plateu and that was rough. I know the last 10 pounds are the hardest. Now i only have 5 more to go and i am stopping. I said that when i reached size 14, then i said it again when i reached 12, now by accident or however i did it im at size 10. 5 more pounds should put me in a size 9. You think? Im 5'2, 165 lbs, waist=33 and hips=41 ( I luuuuvvvv my hips). I like being thick and not thin looking. My goal when i first started at 210 in March was waist=31 and hips=40. So i am almost there. Im eating about 1700 cals a day and working out burning atleast 500+ cals each workout.

Okay ladies so what is it like to lose those last five or do you just compare it with trying to lose 10 pounds. Either way I know its going to be hard but the finish line is in sight!!!:noway: :ohwell: and then :drinker:

Replies

• MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    You're telling me. Haha. I've been yo-yoing with these last "5" forever. I lose and then gain. But, I'll tell you what-- I don't mind it, really. I could be back where I was 5 years ago. I figure if I just keep eating right and working out (as best I can) that's all that really matters. I can't be perfect.

BTW-- Congrats on losing what you have!! Be proud and don't think about those last 5-- just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there. ;)
  • Hey I have 4 pounds to go to hit my goal of 170lbs. I am 5'6" with a medium frame. When I started I was close to 300 and I lost weight pretty steady. It took me 2.5 months to lose 6 pounds. My last ten have hung on for dear life it seems. I work my butt off and eat healthy and I am lucky to see a loss of .5 a pound a week. I am like you I love my curves so I am happy with where I am now I would just like to be a little more tone and I fit in a size 8 or 9. I just recently got to size ten. Keep in mind even if you don't lose the 5 more pounds you can still lose inches. You are doing great! Good Luck!
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Oh, those last few pounds are so hard to loose. I have 1.5 pounds to go. I am 5'6" tall and am at 131.5. I want to be 130 lbs, but that last little bit. SO HARD!!! I'm still at 1200 calories and think I will be on that for the rest of my life. I know it's this winter food. Lettuce is so expensive right now, but that's what I need to get again. So much easier to eat in the summer. Whatever, I will get that darn 1.5 off before Christmas!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    Just take it one day at a time.:smile:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    I am the same as MadWorld I yo yo from 4-7 pounds from my goal weight. I once hit 161pounds which was one from my target. I feel great most days and I exercise 1-3 times a week. I'm learning to maintain my weight now which is harder than losing it. It feels like you're eating way too much but it's also great too!!! Good luck on your final pounds you're doing great :)
This discussion has been closed.