What are your favorite food containers/lunchboxes?

Options
I am always on the look out for new containers or lunchboxes because I bring my lunch to school/work most days. I bring a LOT of food because sometimes i'm at school from 8am until 10pm and I need a whole day's worth of food there. And I want variety - so lot's of different containers or compartments.

Do you have any suggestions? What are the ones you like best?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I love my thermal tote from Thirty-One. I have the standard size, and it's enough for my lunch and snacks. They also have a cinch sack, which is a little bit larger, and a picnic thermal which should hold everything for an entire day (and probably plus some).
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Lora!

I'd really like to hear from other people as well. What I'm particularly interested in are the actual containers (like "Easy Lunchboxes" or "Mr. Bento" containers). I know everybody can benefit from bringing their own lunch. And having pretty containers to bring it in makes it easier - at least for me.
  • KaydeForce
    Options
    *bump*
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    You might not be interested, since my containers don't have compartments, but I love Pyrex. I buy the round ones that have a plastic lid for the top that seals. That way I can put leftovers in the microwave, and not worry about the plastic. I also find they are easier to wash.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I want to get the Easy lunchboxes for my kids but they're sold out :(
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    LunchBots. They're stainless steel and come in different sizes: with one, two, three or four sections. With a tight fitting ( not leakproof ) lid. They're working on one with a silicone seal.
    Have to google them by name. I don't have the link sorry.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I have these nifty gladware containers for salad that has a dressing cup that snaps into the bottom side of the salad bowl lid. LOVE IT!
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    <<< this
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I pack multiple meals for my workdays, too, since I work from 9 to 9 and have a 40 minute one-way commute. I generally pack breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks on work days.

I have a pretty good sized Thermos insulated lunch bag (but I put it in the fridge when I get to work), and then I use a variety of sizes of Gladware, Ziploc or Generic containers. Small ones for hummus or salad dressing, medium for side dishes or casseroles. Then I use baggies for meats, veggies or other finger foods.

I don't like to spend too much on the containers, because I like to toss them if they get gross or the lids get lost, and using baggies helps with clean-up, too. I have seen some of the bento-style containers, but they look like a pain to clean.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have these nifty gladware containers for salad that has a dressing cup that snaps into the bottom side of the salad bowl lid. LOVE IT!
    Ditto this. They're cheap, reusable, and happen fit perfectly in my lunchbox. You can also buy small containers for salad dressing, but not by glad. Those small cups are really handy.
  • Scrute11
    Scrute11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a bento lunch box from laptop lunches. I love it and you can get a couple of different sets of inserts if you want to change it up. Sometimes I need other containers as well, but often it's all I need. They also come with a little dressing container that fits in the other ones.

Full confession: My co-workers at my last job bought it for me because they thought my 5-container lunch combinations were funny (strange funny).
  • KaydeForce
    Options
    I also have the laptop lunches containers (not the outer box, though) and I find they are hard to close, even harder to open and when not closed properly they leak. I really don't like them. I had balsamic dressing all over the inside of my new bag once because of that :-((
  • backwood420
    Options
    The only 1 for me is the Pack Fitness Meal Management System !!!:love: It allows me to organize my day! Got mine @ Popeye's in Montreal, Qc for $100.00.

www.6packbags.com
    www.6packbags.com
    www.6packbags.com
    www.6packbags.com
    Its that good!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I am always on the look out for new containers or lunchboxes because I bring my lunch to school/work most days. I bring a LOT of food because sometimes i'm at school from 8am until 10pm and I need a whole day's worth of food there. And I want variety - so lot's of different containers or compartments.

Do you have any suggestions? What are the ones you like best?

I'm not fancy about it.

I have Gladware, something similar from Ziploc and Target store brand. I make copious use of Ziploc bags in various sizes, too.

Don't have a "lunchbox" per se, but have a large insulated cooler bag and a small one. They are both the Target brand "Embark", although other brands have jazzier patterns. Both have a removable plastic liner for easy cleaning.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    We have friends who own an Asian Fusion restaurant ... their take-out containers are the highly durable heavy plastic containers with lids. They let me purchase a case from them.

Washable, dishwasher safe, freezer-safe, microwave-safe... my entire fridge-freezer has TONS of fresh made foods/meals. I just have to take out what I need when I pack my bag. They thaw slowly in my thermal lunch bag, and they are still at a very safe temperature to heat up in the microwave!

Easy to clean too!
  • KaydeForce
    Options
    The only 1 for me is the Pack Fitness Meal Management System !!!:love: It allows me to organize my day! Got mine @ Popeye's in Montreal, Qc for $100.00.

www.6packbags.com
    www.6packbags.com
    www.6packbags.com
    www.6packbags.com
    Its that good!
    Those look awesome! Maybe a tad bit too big for me, but I'll definitely look into it. That's pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I love Planet Boxes. Stainless steel so no plastics used. All one piece that goes right in the dishwasher. Sealable containers for wet stuff or dips. I use them foe kid lunches, and they love picking their magnets in the morning and helping decide what their "treat" will be in the smallest section. I use it every day at work to pack a variety of portion controlled items. Love it!!!

Www.planetbox.com

Pricey, but built to last.
  • FenderGuy
    FenderGuy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LL Bean sells a nice insulated soft lunch box. Been using that for a year or so. Very handy.
  • KaydeForce
    Options
    I looked into the planet boxes. How do you like the amount of food it holds? Is it too little for a whole day of work? To me those boxes look very small...
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bento box, but I want one.