Nike fuel Band??

Options
I would like to hear your comments about this device? Is it worth the money? Is it accurate?

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I bought one because I think it's "cool" and not so much for it's accuracy. And I do like it for the "coolness" factor, but wouldn't recommend one unless you need a motivator, as accumulating the fuel points can be. For example, my calorie count for the day is usually around 1000 where in reality it should be about twice that. The band works off of an accelerometer, meaning, the motion of the arm that you wear it on. So if you're into activities such as biking or lifting weights where your arm is fairly stationary but the rest of you is moving, it doesn't give you credit for Fuel Points, Calories, etc.

So, I guess it depends on what you want it for. Buy it if you want a fun device that can help with your fitness motivation. If you're looking to track calories, etc. more accurately, I'd suggest investing in a Polar HRM watch, which are much cheaper and have much more functionality.
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I run so this probably why the calorie and step count on NIKE is way lower than my garmin Hrm. Like 4000 steps lower and 500 calories lower?
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The fuel band works well for routine activity but it doesn't work for exercise unfortunately.