Need a REALLY Good Pedometer

Options
I am looking for a really high quality pedometer. One that is accurate - doesn't reset all the time - has a ton of features, etc, etc.

What are the best brands? What features should I look for? What is a waste of time/money?

I do not mind spending money on a seriously good piece of equipment, I am not really interested in another $20 version that just doesn't work.

I need something with some serious technology - Does Google make one of these things? If they did it would be perfect, I am sure.

I look forward to your opinions.

If you know of any good websites, stores, etc, let me know!

Thanks

Joe

Replies

• IrwinMFletcher
    Options
    I am looking for a really high quality pedometer. One that is accurate - doesn't reset all the time - has a ton of features, etc, etc.

What are the best brands? What features should I look for? What is a waste of time/money?

I do not mind spending money on a seriously good piece of equipment, I am not really interested in another $20 version that just doesn't work.

I need something with some serious technology - Does Google make one of these things? If they did it would be perfect, I am sure.

I look forward to your opinions.

If you know of any good websites, stores, etc, let me know!

Thanks

Joe
  • bpembleton
    Options
    I have recently partned up with Heart Niagara, they are focused on getting the awarness out on health and health benefits, in the area.

The program that we set up to bring into my restaurants for my staff is a pedometer program. We are using a research grade pedometer, which is working wonderful. Important part is that it is within 7% accauracy. So I would look for a pedometer that had a research quality.

:smile:
  • ljacobs101
    ljacobs101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This site lists some accurate pedometers. Hope this helps.

http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/pedaccuracy04.htm
  • IrwinMFletcher
    Options
    Checking them out. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know which one I buy.

Joe
  • 2kidsandadog
    2kidsandadog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    After having wasted money on 5 different pedometers I finally settled on a Garmin 201. It has a GPS system built in. It retails for close to $200:noway: but after useing it for almost a year, I would never use anything else!