• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Yep...I'm here. Agnostic.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Atheist all the way

check out some great atheist quotes at http://www.chrisbeach.co.uk/viewQuotes.php

and join the group Atheists on MFP
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Atheist here. Too intelligent to believe in fairy tales.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yep! I also have friends that are everything from Atheist to Mormon :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    atheism_good_enough_for_these_idiots%5B1%5D.jpg
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/145-mfp-atheists

Here you go. Message me if you need an invite. And then the thread can die. Thanks.

I clicked on that and it took me to the message board main page

That's right, I had to make the group private for safety. So just message me if you want an invite. Thanks.
    So you had to not worship in hiding??

scientific agnostic here.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    So you had to not worship in hiding??

scientific agnostic here.

Yes. When the group was public there were still...incidents. Now everyone is free to not believe in peace and off the main forums, which is the rule. Which is why this thread will be locked.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I, too, find it strange that everyone would assume that this thread would be shut down. We're in the "Chit-chat, fun, and games" area. Isn't this the place for non-fitness-related posts?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I, too, find it strange that everyone would assume that this thread would be shut down. We're in the "Chit-chat, fun, and games" area. Isn't this the place for non-fitness-related posts?

Last time I saw an atheist thread it was a quote thread on this board and it was locked quite quickly.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Last time I saw an atheist thread it was a quote thread on this board and it was locked quite quickly.

That was because it was religion bashing. Atheist bashing, religion bashing, any kind of bashing with insults etc shouldn't be happening on open forums. So far this thread has mostly stayed civil so don't see why it would get locked
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

That was because it was religion bashing. Atheist bashing, religion bashing, any kind of bashing with insults etc shouldn't be happening on open forums. So far this thread has mostly stayed civil so don't see why it would get locked

Agreed
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Heathen unbeliever here. While I don't reject the notion of a deity, I understand it cannot be proven or disproved logically. I also am not offended by someone else being a believer. To each their own. I prefer to judge people by their character.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I dont believe in Athiests...
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Agreed

It's not up to a vote. This isn't the first time this sort of thread has been posted. Eventually it will get out of hand and it will be locked. That's what always happens.

In the meanwhile the group MFP Atheists is available and has been made temporarily public if any of you would like to join. You can discuss your atheism/agnosticism there without being on the main forums.

Thank you.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Why would someone want to discuss their atheism? Isn't it pointless?

Unless you're referring to anti-theists.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Agreed

It's not up to a vote. This isn't the first time this sort of thread has been posted. Eventually it will get out of hand and it will be locked. That's what always happens.

In the meanwhile the group MFP Atheists is available and has been made temporarily public if any of you would like to join. You can discuss your atheism/agnosticism there without being on the main forums.

Thank you.

Agreed. Trolls (of either or neither side) will come in trying to start crap up and it'll eventually get locked. Groups are awesome for these kinds of discussion
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Why would someone want to discuss their atheism? Isn't it pointless?

Unless you're referring to anti-theists.

I love this. What is there to discuss.." God dont exist"..."yea, ur absolutely right, it doesnt"..Then what?? Nice discussion.

Atheist here..And I need Atheist friends, add me!!
This discussion has been closed.