HELP!!! I stopped loosing weight weeks ago, I'm going crazy

Options
Hi Guys, I have been on a weight loss journey since January and about 5 weeks ago, I stopped loosing weight. I don't know what's going on, or why I have hit such a crazy plateau-and actually gained a couple of pounds, (granted I have been weight training) BUT STILL. I feel like I'm going bananas, I work out everyday, cycling, running, yoga, zumba, brazil butt lift and keep my calories at about 1200. I do eat back my workout calories... Am I eating to little? or too much? Why won't my body release this weight? I still have to loose 27 pounds to be at my ultimate goal weight of 130. Anyone have any sure fire advice to help a gal out? I need to see results, I'm results driven and these past couple of weeks I've felt like I'm living in crazy town. I am thankful to all of you <3 and also, feel free to add me and help hold me accountable :)

Replies

• Jingram2b
    Options
    You'll need to provide more information for anyone to be able to help with any specific recommendations. But consider that you haven't been at this long. Five weeks is not a long time; you may not actually be stalled.

You say you weight 157 now (130+27). What is your body fat? Perhaps 130 lbs is an unrealistic goal. Why did you pick 130 lbs as the goal? If you do reach 130, what will your body fat be?

That said, you definitely aren't eating enough for the amount of exercise you're doing and your body is telling you as much.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You might make your diary public so people know what your doing.
  • sandybeaches00
    sandybeaches00 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    okay. I weigh 162 as of today, I've been floating between 159-162 for about 6 to 7 weeks now. I've been on this plan since last January. So I've been working at weight loss for quite some time. I'll make my diary public. I'm 5'6-I've always wanted to weigh in between 130 to 145. I don't think that's too low. I believe that's in the normal weight range for my height. The scale just said I'm 40% muscle and 17.7% body fat, if that helps at all... thank you guys for the feedback :) I really appreciate it
  • sandybeaches00
    Options
    you can view my diary with a key 0724 :) thanks everyone!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Are you purposly changing your daily calorie goal each day? It seemed to fluxuate from 1,200, to 1,570 to 2,286......etc. Your sodium seems high too but I'm not an expert.

Good luck with your weight loss.
  • abirkel
    Options
    You're not eating enough. And you are probably overdoing the cardio.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Your not drinking any water and I dont see any drinks at all on you diary. Also I am no expert but from everything I have read try eating 5 or 6 smaller meals a day, that will help increase your metabolism. You are eating to much at one time and skipping meals.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I think you're eating too much. I think you need to stay within 1500-1800 on days that you exercise. I think you need to eat 3 balanced meals, you are often skipping lunch and doing a huge dinner or vice versa. Your body should have contiuous stream of fuel and not overstuffing yourself at one meal.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I think you're eating too much. I think you need to stay within 1500-1800 on days that you exercise. I think you need to eat 3 balanced meals, you are often skipping lunch and doing a huge dinner or vice versa. Your body should have contiuous stream of fuel and not overstuffing yourself at one meal.

Why does she need a continuous stream of fuel? Intermittent fasters don't have a continuous stream of fuel. I don't do IF, just pointing that out.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How long have you been restricting calories for? Have you been on a deficit since January? What have been your calories on average per day over the last month?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Your not drinking any water and I dont see any drinks at all on you diary. Also I am no expert but from everything I have read try eating 5 or 6 smaller meals a day, that will help increase your metabolism. You are eating to much at one time and skipping meals.

Sorry to contradict, but meal frequency has no impact on metabolism, all other things being equal.
  • sandybeaches00
    Options
    I'm always drinking water, sometimes I'm not able to have a steady flow of food with work and school. I eat more on days I exercise more, and it's not just cardio. I use a heart rate monitor, and just add the calories as cardio. It's all different kinds of things, I change everyday, but steadily I've been doing brazil butt lift, I'm in week 3. I do yoga and run and zumba and cycling as well. Thanks again everyone. The sodium might be something for me to consider, and also adjusting my calories so that I stay closer to 150???
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary going back 5 weeks (the point where you said you stopped losing weight), from August 3 through yesterday.

Here is a brief summary:

You did not log anything on 17 of those days, so there is no record what you ate.
    You only partially logged 3 days.
    You went over your goal on 10 days, totaling 4282 calories.
    You were under your goal 9 days, totaling 3172 calories.
    You met your goal exactly on 1 day.

Based on this information, it is really difficult to say whether you are eating too much or too little. On the days you did log, as a net you've gone over your goal. How did you eat on the 17 days you didn't log and the 3 days you didn't complete logging? Over or under? Is it possible that you've started to slack off a little bit and aren't entering in your calories as accurately even when you do log? Are you weighing and measuring everything?
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I wish I only had 17.7% body fat at that weight... I weigh the same as you and have 30% body fat
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you reset the settings on your HRM?
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    From the looks of your diary I would say eating too much and A LOT of sodium....but this is coming from someone who does not like to go over 1400. :)
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Bump....I am in the same scenario.......it has been since June 15th that I haven't lost anything. Grrr....I need to come back to see what is being said!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Have you tried some strength training? Also, I would stop eating back you exercise calories and see if that helps! That is what I had to do to get past my plateau! Good luck!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely no expert on this, and I have also been stuck at my current weight for a couple weeks. But if you truly are 17.7% body fat, you are already at an 'athlete' level, surpassing the 'fitness' level of body fat %.

http://www.builtlean.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Ideal-Body-Fat-Percentage-Chart3.jpg
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. And you are probably overdoing the cardio.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is your bible.