To the creators of myfitnesspal

Options

Replies

• LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post! Welcome and congrats on your first of many pounds gone. Cheers! If you need a friend, feel free to add me!

Also, neat idea about the pounds lost on this site.
  • meewii
    meewii Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Agree
  • prez1923
    Options
    I would like to know, since I'm a numbers guy, how many lbs. per day are lost on average for people on this site? I think it would be beneficial for those like me to know maybe on your main page, "15,000,000 lbs. lost in the past 24 hours" or something like that.
    That sounds like a neat idea, but many people here are trying to gain, or are in maintenance mode, or are stuck :grumble: Not all are here to lose, so the numbers would be skewed by that.

Welcome!

Good point. I realize not only the overweight people trying to lose are on here. One day, I too, hope to be in maintenance mode or gaining mode from a muscle perspective. But perhaps the person could indicate such and the stats could be tallied as: X lbs. of muscle gained and X lbs. of fat lost...or something like that. There's always a will and a way.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Thank-you so much for saying so!
    I could not agree more.
    I am so grateful for mfp
    and for each and every person who is here.
    I have had success like never before.
    I love the long list of friends I have, they are so supportive and wise.
    And there is so much more available in the forums as well, that is yet to be tapped.

Thank-you everyone for you care in taking time to answer people's questions in the threads.
    I learn so much there!

:)MinMin
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats to your early success on this site. Its worked wonders for me too. I'm 55 days in and 21 pounds down. I don't expect all my weight to drop this quick and there will be tough times, but the resources and community on this site make such a difference in keeping me motivated and accountable. Best of luck to you!
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I totally Agree!!! I have lost and gained the same 50 pounds so many times I've lost track. The last gain wound up being 70! I had started losing on my own last July, but I stalled fairly quickly without any of the "fad" diets. I found MFP early this year and have been losing steadily since - AND keeping it off... even when I went on vacation!!

With MFP, I finally feel like this time is permaneent. I'll be able to keep it off and truly be healthy for the rest of my life. It's such an amazing feeling!!
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with your post. This site is very inspiring and extremely useful. Before the start of my transformation I used to spend countless hours on FB network or just being a couch potato... Now I spend more time in MFP than on that other site; blogging, reading posts, looking at my charts or just planning my next healthy move or at the gyms doing cardio.

I love this site... keep up the good work. You guys are doing an excellent job!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    such a positive post...love it..there seems to be so much negative posts lately that this one is a keeper...thanks and great job on loss...that is awesome!!!
  • prez1923
    Options
    I wish I could "Like" posts, because I'd be liking every one of them. I was just feeling really good today and I am in the "scream from the rooftops" phase of my transformation in so many ways. I feel like I have to share with the world. But nothing I can say on here could top the amazing achievements of each one of you. We're all at different phases and on here for different reasons, but I am yet to meet someone I wouldn't want to know in person.

Thanks for your positive feedback. I am open to any and all friend requests. As I told someone else, I've been to the bottom of the black pit of depression where I turned friends away constantly out of shame. I wouldn't think of turning any of you away.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Good job so far and good luck for the rest of your journey. I like the idea of a ticker with 24 hour weight loss and maybe a grand total of the site so far, I understand the other users using it for maintenance/muscle building, which I am aiming to be in the future.

I started here after losing 10lbs of eating as I used to but going to the gym, I was told about the site while sitting in the sauna after a gym session. Not sure how far I would have been down the weight loss road without the site and controlling calories, especially at the moment when I am out of the gym for about 3 weeks due to minor shoulder surgery.

Andy
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking more about how your idea could be implemented. Maybe the data could be categorized, so that everyone in the "wants to lose weight" group could have their loss added to the grand total.

Thinking more along those lines, maybe there could also be grand totals for other things, like pounds of muscle gained (for those who are doing that) and then also number of people who have maintained a healthy weight by using the site...
  • lrmantione
    lrmantione Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that you could scan a barcode! I just looked at my MFP phone app and saw the barcode scanner!! Genious!! That is super helpful, thank you!!
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    MFP changed my life! I started counting calories & walking & in 10 months I'm 50 (FIFTY) pounds LIGHTER.
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing as are all of the supportive people! I originally joined 2 1/2 years ago & lost about 25 lbs. Those are back with some friends :( I didn't do much as far as participation in the message boards, so this time I'm jumping right in! It's so helpful to connect with others in similar situations. I love the ticker idea too, I think you should contact whomever runs this site & suggest it!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I to am a numbers person, and the revalation to me (who honest thought I had the whole eat right and exercise thing worked out but still wasn't losing) was that I wasn't getting my own numbers right...

one treat = half hour walk? no, it turns out that one treat (1200 calories) does not equal a half hour walk (less than 200 calories)

The phone app comes into the kitchen while I cook and saves me hundreds of unnecessary calories every time.

And the people here are great.

I've had a rough couple of months (and one of the side effects of my medication is carb cravings) so I have recently gained some weight again so today I am back to the only solution - mfp
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I agree as well! I have lost almost 40 lbs in the last three months and I could not have done it without this site (trust me i tried).

I LOVE MFP and everything about it, especially the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am so thankful for it! <3
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    To the creators of MyFitnessPal.

I freakin love you guys.
    For helping me to realize that I am the reason that I'm chunky.
    And that there's a whole lotta stuff I can do about it.
    So 30 lbs ago I started here.

Life is a lot easier without carrying along an extra large bag of dog food with you everywhere you go.

You're awesome.

And this place is FREE. Nicest thing anyone has ever done :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work.

- Brenda
  • shrinkingfeefee
    shrinkingfeefee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow I really love this website and if it wasn't for the woman in Woman's World Magazine Aug. 13th, 12 edition I wouldn't have known about it and I wouldn't have started!!! I've already shared with others and my mother has joined this week just like me!!! I can't wait to see what it does for me as well!!! Love that it's free and that we're doing it naturally!!! Also love that everyone is inspirational and motivational!!! Wishing everyone the best of luck!!! :)
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I too love the site! I love tracking my food. And I won't lie, at first I found working out a chore, but I've learned to love that too!
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great post. I love this site! Thank you to the creators!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!