My first NSV - ever!

Options
After years of dieting, trying to eat better, etc... I've lost a few pounds here and there, etc but never really had anything like an NSV without promting, etc.

Yesterday, a co worker asked how much weight I'd lost.. feeling kinda bad, I said only 6 lbs so far. She said to me that's great! And she thought it was more than 6, looking at me. So of course I blushed furiously and told her about MFP and that I am currently working on 30DS by Jillinan as well. She started to say she had something like MFP... and let it drop. I said how great the community and people are here and she started looking for the phone app. She got frustrated, miskey'ing something and made a point to ask me the name again. I told her, and she left still looking it over a few minutes later.
It may not sound like much, but she pointed out that since it was clearly working and the community is strong, that she was not just nodding her head and saying the typical "oh thats nice" kinda thing, etc. She was actually interested and hopefull that it could work for her. It made my evening. Heck, it made my week :) !!

Replies

• ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    congrats!! I've also turned some people on to MFP. I recommend it to everyone who asks me what I'm doing. IT WORKS!!!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Every little bit counts..... Keep up the good work.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's fantastic. :)
  • LNZimmer
    Options
    That is awesome. And it is nice to inspire (even if you think it isn't much, it's still weighing less than you did before). Keep it up :)

And let that feeling motivate you - know that not only are you making a difference in your life, you will also make a difference in someone else's life!!! :)
  • Melonhead
    Options
    Good for you!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! A pound is a pound!! Don't forget to take your measurements! Keep up the great work!!
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Six pounds is great! Congrats! Keep going!
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And remember that every bit counts! I forget this sometimes and find myself feeling disappointed. But I try not to let it last long! We work hard for this. I'm also doing the 30DS. I took a few weeks off because of some personal problems but I'm looking to jump back to level 2 on Monday! Add me if you want!

I also recommend MFP to EVERYONE.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congrats! :drinker:
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    6 here, 1 more there, another 2 next time. It adds up. Great job!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Great news! I do love MFP, I think it is an amazing tool and it and all my friends on here have been a huge part of my success! I am so glad I found it!
  • nmterp
    Options
    Sincerity makes all the difference! Congrats on your loss thus far. Love that 30DS!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Now you'll have a support buddy at work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!