Walking buddy

Options
I'm a 26 yr old mom to 3 awesome little girls we live in South San Antonio, TX. I was doing great at first walking 2 miles each morning but it gets boring doing it alone. I've been slacking these last few days. Hopefully I can find some or a local to walk with.
Thanks for your time :smile:
Mary

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Do you have a portable music player you could take? I love my time alone in nature, it helps me recharge myself.

Don't make excuses for why you aren't going. Find reasons to go.

Oh, and Welcome, by the way! :flowerforyou:

There are usually walking groups in most towns, try looking online in your area.

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Do you have a portable music player you could take? I love my time alone in nature, it helps me recharge myself.

Don't make excuses for why you aren't going. Find reasons to go.

My mom used to walk and listen to books on tape/CD...I run, so I find that distracting...but you might try it. Anything that helps!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp good for you getting out there. sorry i dont live by you, but like the other person had said go on-line i.e. meetup.com you can look for any type of group playdates walking, running you name it they have the groups, and you get to scope out the areas by you. god luck :)
  • jallison12
    Options
    My mom used to walk and listen to books on tape/CD...I run, so I find that distracting...but you might try it. Anything that helps!
    +1. My uncle has an audible account which allows up to 5 devices. He uses 2 devices and he gave me his audible ID and password for my phone . I love walking in the evening (my dog staring at me tells me when this begins - he lets me go with him on the walk!) and listening to books. Great way to get some own time / workout time / dog time / catch up on books time.
  • aracelyadrah
    aracelyadrah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks I always listen to music on my Iphone, I even use a fanny pack to hold my water and phone, I walk with hand weights as well. True. :happy: Thanks everyone!