Spring or Purfied Water

Options
Whats your opinion on water, spring or purified

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Tap. It is better for your immune system.
  • ilanawithani
    Options
    I like mineral water. Especially with the slight lemon or lime (all natural) flavoring. A great way to get some extra minerals in and with the citrus, too.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's nearly as much difference between the two as the marketing companies would have you believe.

I don't purchase water any longer. I just use tap water poured through a Brita. I have the big gallon-sized one that sits on a countertop or fridge shelf and has a spigot on the bottom, and fill up water bottles from it all day long.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    whatever's cheaper...

so tap most likely.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have well water so I prefer bottled water over it because there is so much iron in my well water and I get tired of buying those brita things.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have a filter on my faucet for tap water.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Spring but without any added minerals.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of our local tap water and I also hate paying for expensive water. So I have a water cooler (a gift from my father-in-law) and I fill up the five gallons jugs with purified water at $1.25 per five gallons. Plus then I get the workout of carrying it to my car and then up two flights of stairs. lol

I always get amused when I'm waiting for the jug to fill and I'm standing next to a drink machine selling Aquafina (purified water) for $1.50 for a 20oz bottle.

When I'm out and about I always fill a water bottle before I leave, or two, if I'll be gone awhile. And if I do run out when I'm out I just head into a nearby bar or restaurant and they fill up my water bottle from the bar spigot which is a chilled, filtered water.

So I guess purified/filtered for me. Though, if I'm really in a pinch, I'll buy a bottle of water if I have do. But I just buy whichever one is the best value, whether it's spring or purified. I do love Trader Joe's for that though - .34 for their 23.7oz bottles. Hard to beat that deal other than the jugs or tap water.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have well water so I prefer bottled water over it because there is so much iron in my well water and I get tired of buying those brita things.

My mom is in the same situation.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I generally go with purified but it is whatever is cheaper. There isn't much of a difference. Some people prefer the taste of spring.
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options

My mom is in the same situation.

We purchased and installed reverse osmosis...solved the problem and love it.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tap. Depending on where I am, it usually tastes better.
  • RogerF765
    Options
    I have a filter on my faucet for tap water.

I have a under sink filter that you change every 6 months. It works great and I just keep containers in the fridge so I always have nice cold water to drink. I also read an article that was talking about how some bottled water can actually leach chemicals from the plastic bottles into the water especially if it is stored in areas that have high heat exposure. I don't know how much of an issue it is but it's something to think about
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Tap. It is better for your immune system.

...Unless you live anywhere near the Love Canal, then you're going to want your water source to be shipped to you from far away