waist trimmer belt?

Options
My trainer told me that i should start using a waist trimmer belt. I just wanted to get some feed back on it and find out if anyone has used one and if they really work?

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You mean the piece of elastic that makes you sweat more? Or the one that causes regular Charlie Horses in your abdominal muscles? Neither of these things work. Where did your trainer get their certification? Ugh.
  • RJharley
    Options
    The belt that makes you sweat more. He said that since i carry my weight in the midsection that the belt would help me shed excess water weight while i exercise
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The belt that makes you sweat more. He said that since i carry my weight in the midsection that the belt would help me shed excess water weight while i exercise

Well unfortunately the weight in your midsection is fat, which isn't shed from sweating alone. The belt will indeed make you sweat, and you'll replenish that water when you drink some. So don't waste your money. :smile: I'd get a new trainer too.
  • RJharley
    Options
    Thanks songbyrdsweet.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting a new trainer and not wasting your money. Just my opinion though...
  • RJharley
    Options
    I agree with getting a new trainer and not wasting your money. Just my opinion though...

I totaly agree. I started going to the gym just for the trainer to learn ways of working out. Well after what everyone has said im going to stop going and just start using what i have at home.

Thanks everyone.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Losing water weight is only useful if you have an outfit to fit into for a specific date and time (or are a wrestler making weight).

From what you are saying, it does not sound like this is where he was going with it... but you can burn more calories if your body is warmer and subsequently sweating more. You can also release more toxins from your muscles and other tissues doing this - that being said - skip the belt and take a fun hot yoga class!